• Report: #1120609

• Updated: Mon, February 03, 2014

• Reported By: Dave — Fullerton California
Authority Tax Services
7535 Irvine Center Drive Irvine Ca , Select State/Province USA

Authority Tax Services Took $4000 and did not perform as promised Irvine California

We hired Authority Tax Service to assist us in reducing our tax liability of approximately $80,000. The sales pitch was such that we really felt like they would get or taxes owed reduced by 50%. At first they would contact me about once a week to give us status reports.

After a number of months went by the status calls came less often. It was at the point where I was calling them for status. Eventually the calls stopped all together and they were not taking my calls. (I assume they had caller ID because they never answered my calls).

I decided to call the IRS myself once I received a notice from the IRS that they were going to start liening my assets. To my surprise Authority Tax Service had only called them once in 4 months and that was to let the IRS know that I was filing a correction to my taxes! The IRS agent then told me that the IRS does not reduce the tax liability unless something catastrophic has happened.

So because of this ripoff joint my taxes with penalties and fines went up by another $20,000 dollars! Please do not use these people! They are crooked and so unethical.

Best part, we paid our taxes current using money from my retirement account and these idiots at Authority Tax service called me last week to let me know they are still working on my account!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2014 04:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Authority-Tax-Services/Select-StateProvince/Authority-Tax-Services-Took-4000-and-did-not-perform-as-promised-Irvine-California-1120609. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Authority Tax Services