Complaint Review: Auto Computer Exchange Inc

• Updated: Mon, August 22, 2011

• Reported By: Carrie — Pittsburgh Pennsylvania United States of America
Auto Computer Exchange Inc
5414 Stirling Road Davie, Florida United States of America

Auto Computer Exchange Inc ECM-To Go Stole My Money and Shipped Me JUNK four times, will not refund $ Davie, Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Vey sorry to hear about your experience...

*Author of original report: Received Refund

*Consumer Comment: That isn't damaged!

*Consumer Comment: CROOKS!

I decided to purchase an ECM (Electronic Control Module) for my car from this company because they self describe themselves as "The ECM Good Guys", American owned & operated family business since 1997.

On the phone they were very confident that their ECM would solve my problem (jerkey transmission).  They said and their website states "We eliminate the need for you to take your vehicle to the dealership.  Our researchers and technicians have made it possible for us to handle all programming, flashing, updating, and/or relearning before we ship your part.  When you get your new part, all you will have to do is plug it in and you are back on the road."

The first ECM they shipped me was smashed with broken pins (where you would plug it into the car) but packed in a box that was not crushed or damaged.  So they placed a broken, crushed ECM into a box and shipped it to me. [continued below]....
.....  I called them to report this - they requested I take pictures of the ECM (I had to drive 1 1/2 hours round trip to take pictures for them) and email them so they could get a new one out to me ASAP.

The 2nd ECM they sent would not start my car.  I called, they shipped another one.
The 3rd ECM they sent would not start my car.  I called, I spoke with the "manager" - he informed me I would need to take the car to a Ford Dealer and have the computer flashed or a locksmith.

I went again 1 and 1/2 hours to get the car and the 2 ECMs they shipped, took the car to a Ford Dealer near my home, the Ford Dealer worked with Auto Computer Exchange on the phone, could not get either computer to work.

In the meantime, they shipped a 4th computer to my mechanic???  I'm not even sure why, I was not expecting another computer.

I spoke with them about a refund, they agreed when I return the units they will issue a refund.  I shipped back their junk, had UPS signatures that they received it.  Called for my refund, at that point they said they would give me a store credit.  I'm an individual girl, not an Auto Shop, I need a store credit about as bad as I need a case of plutonium.....  They insist I will never get my money back from them and want me to send them the original ECM that actually runs my car....

Now, who in their right mind would send these crooks, incompetent, degenerate LIARs the one computer that actually runs my car?

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE, They do not care about helping anyone, and they have no shame over the way they LIE and ROB people.  Between buying this unit, paying my mechanic, paying the Ford Dealer I am in about $700, nice huh?  Nothing is resolved, my car still jerks :o(

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2011 09:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auto-Computer-Exchange-Inc/Davie-Florida-33314/Auto-Computer-Exchange-Inc-ECM-To-Go-Stole-My-Money-and-Shipped-Me-JUNK-four-times-will-n-764260. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auto Computer Exchange Inc

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Vey sorry to hear about your experience...

I am no longer associated with the company that is spoken of but I am able to assist you with your car repair problems, as I designed ECM programming on the bench & the first Plug & Play units. Feel free to contact me thru my site: autocomputerperformance.com

I agree that the level of unprofessionalism and lack of empathy is the biggest issue in resolving an issue thru this company. You have waited long enough to resolve your issue. I will be as reasonable as possible in repair cost and offer any diagnostic consulting free of charge.

Good luck and happy holidays!

Received Refund

AUTHOR: Carrie - (United States of America)

8/22/2011 - Due to "persistence" I have received a full refund ($250 + $15 s/h) from "Auto Computer Exchange" thanks to Manager Brian.  Thank you Brian for taking the time to talk with your technician, calling me back, and for admitting your company should not have taken my order in the first place.  I know "99 Cougars" are just plain difficult and a pain in the butt to work on.   Thank you for doing the right thing.

That isn't damaged!

AUTHOR: Jeff - (U.S.A.)

Good Lord, so you damaged the computer pins by improperly installing them, and then were too stupid to realize you can just take a pair of needle nose pliers and straighten them out?

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

I doubt you even need the computer.

Talk to your credit card company.