tool

• Updated: Sat, March 05, 2011

• Reported By: Franz — ALVIN Texas United States of America
Auto Computer Exchange
5414 Stirling Rd. Davie, Florida United States of America

Auto Computer Exchange Auto Computer Exchange Ripoff, No Integrity, Won't Credit for Return Davie, Florida

*Consumer Comment: You HAVE To Change The Battery On Mopars

Let me tell you about my experience with Auto Computer Exchange. We are an auto repair facility, not an average consumer.

Ordering Phase: So in order to save our customer money we wanted to avoid the 1,000.00 dealer computer. We searched all of our normal auto computer suppliers, none of which had the part we were looking for. Upon finding autocomputerexchange.com we were pleased to know that they actually had the unit "in stock." We immediately gave them our credit card number and were told the computer would "ship immediately." Ship time from Florida to Texas is normally 3-4 days. One week later there was still no computer in our hands although the payment had already been processed. So we called Auto Computer Exchange to find out that the computer had not been "shipped immediately," was not "in stock," and that they "may" have one arriving the next day. This was a bit of a surprise as you may expect, as well as our customer who is an adult day care for disabled persons who use this van to transport their clients. So after a rude conversation with Lisa and her supervisor, we received a computer about another week later.

Installation Phase:
After installing their "remanufactured" unit we come to find out that this computer has a internal pcm fault (P0601 for you motorheads) which is the most cut and dry diagnostic trouble code there is in auto repair. This means the pcm is bad. So after another wonderful phone conversation with Lisa, she informed me that our battery was bad in our vehicle. Wow, not only does she have great customer service skills but she is also full of automotive knowledge. I felt like I was really getting my money's worth at this point. So I asked to speak with her manager as I needed to return this unit and receive another replacement or my money back. The manager didn't have another unit to ship, so he agreed that we needed to return the computer with a special note attached explaining the situation, set to his attention and he would issue a return check.

Return / Money Back Phase:
Two weeks after our package shipped we called to inquire about our return check. Come to find out they don't issue refunds, only in store credit. But if they don't have the computer you need, your just out of luck. Even the manager that we spoke with that assured us a refund check can't give us anything except in house credit. If I lived in Florida I would go down to their location and take my in house credit and stick it where the sun don't shine. It's funny how they conduct business, I guess thats the nature of an internet business, you never have to look anyone in the face, so you can lie, deceive others, and never look them eye to eye.

Getting the Customer Back on the Road Phase:
So needless to say we still needed a computer and our customer still needed their van back. So we bit the bullet, ordered one from Chrysler and installed it. No problems whatsoever, worked beautifully.

Moral of my Story:
Never, ever, ever buy from Auto Computer Exchange. Use ripoff report before using a new company you have never done business with.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2010 09:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auto-Computer-Exchange/Davie-Florida-33314/Auto-Computer-Exchange-Auto-Computer-Exchange-Ripoff-No-Integrity-Wont-Credit-for-Retur-658404. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auto Computer Exchange

You HAVE To Change The Battery On Mopars

AUTHOR: Bigcraig - (U.S.A.)

Not trying to be a smart azz but as I found out the hard way for some reason only on Chryslers you HAVE to change the battery when you replace the computer, even if the battery was just put in last week.