Complaint Review: Auto Connection (Richmond)

• Submitted: Thu, October 03, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, October 03, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — Other
Auto Connection (Richmond)
Richmond, Virginia USA

Auto Connection (Richmond) & Michael Wayne Investment Company Va Beach Legalized Con Artists Richmond Virginia

*Consumer Comment: So, Did You Get Hurt?

Do NOT and I do mean do NOT purchase a vehicle from this company unless you are truly desperate like I was. Your only going to be worse off and in more debt than when you first started. Sadly people that have had hit a few bumps along the way to reestablishing good credit are often the victims of ridiculous high interest rates and recieving vehicles that are not of good standard quality. The sales people at Auto Connection in Richmond were quite desperate to sell me a car. I was on the verge of walking away from their poor selection of cars that I was not impressed with upon test driving them (they all had a malfunction of some sort) and the nicer cars werent within my choosing, however upon walking away I was stopped and shown a nice 300m fresh out of the shop. Needless to say it was the nicest car for low money down. I drove it and it was nice.....(I'll get back to that in a minute) so I agreed to purchase the car. They didnt verify my legitimate employment until a few days after purchasing, they always advertise minimum $300 down but what they dont tell you is the following week you need to come up with another few hundred for your tags and not long after that a few more hundred for a higher down payment. Good thing I HAD a great paying job at the time (which I now lost because of lack of transportation-Oh yea you read that right) And since I couldn't get to the bank to make a quick deposit on my debit card to purchase full coverage insurance to take the car off the lot (which was dire because I live practically 100 miles away from the dealership) the salesman offered to pay the ins. company over the phone with his own personal debit card and I forked over the cash to him instead!! Is that even legal? I think they were just as desperate as I was to get this car. AFTER a week with the car so began the everlasting issues with that pile of junk. Almost every major sensor began to fail one right after another over and over again over a period of 12 months. I even replaced a part for the transmission that cost me 5 big ones because I had no way to tow the dang car 100 miles and even if I did they said it could take up to 2 weeks for them to even get to look at my car. Now someboy tell me if I had to result to that, how in the heck was I going to keep a job with no ride for a long period of time. Last month was the last straw for me when I broke down multiple times in a two period with my children in the car and it was hot like heck out. It really upset me to find out that not only was the main problem undetectable by my mechanics, the liars at Michael Wayne investment (who handle all Auto Connection car payments) have yet to retrieve the car from out my yard like they said they would because they are too busy blowing up my phone trying to find ways to force me to hold on to that raggedy P>O>S. And I talked to a guy named MR> RUDY which suits him well because he was in fact rude in a way as far as trying to degrade my integrety as a well paying, on time paying customer, and in return all I got was higher debt to pay for something they claim to help fix but havent came and got the dam car yet!! Either way im gonna take a loss so why on earth would I pay $16,000 after finance charges for a heap of junk when I can pay the auction differences and pay less. Makes sense to me because I refuse to let that car nickel and dime me like it already has. I can buy 2 or 3 cars with that kind of money.  They do not keep their word and all they care about are $$$ signs and they are not worth it. Oh and there will always be another car dealership to sell you something regardless of your situation so just be careful of who you choose. BUYERS BEWARE OF THEM ALL!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2013 10:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auto-Connection-Richmond/Richmond-Virginia/Auto-Connection-Richmond-Michael-Wayne-Investment-Company-Va-Beach-Legalized-Con-Arti-1089197. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auto Connection (Richmond)

So, Did You Get Hurt?

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

I mean, that phone packs quite a wallop!  When it "blew up" , was it outside or inside?  Did the fire department come to put out the fire?  Maybe next time, you should get a phone which is guaranteed against "blowing up"!

If you're saying you gave the car back as a repo, then have fun buying a decent car!