Complaint Review: Auto Deluxe, Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, October 28, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, January 07, 2011

• Reported By: Fran — Howell New Jersey United States of America
Auto Deluxe, Inc.
1210 Route 88 Lakewood, New Jersey United States of America

Auto Deluxe, Inc. J&L Auto Deluxe They can't wait for you to drive off the lot Lakewood, New Jersey

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: unhappy

This place is the worst to deal with when you need to buy a used car.  They will sell you anything and tell you anything to get you and the hunk of junk off their lot.  And when I complained about it numerously, they told me, "the car's almost out of gas, that's why it hesitated."  When I told them the car smells like burnt oil, they told me it's because they fixed a plug and that's the residual oil.  I brought the car to their in-house mechanic two times, and the problems were never fixed.  Then I brought the car to who they recommended, All American Transmission, and they determined it was not the transmission, but they knew it was something else.  When I brought it to my local Meineke dealer they told me the catalytic converter was "clogged solid" and it costs me $450 to replace it tonight.  Auto Deluxe refuses to reimburse me for the repairs.  I am well within my 90 day warranty period.  They told me because no engine light came on the dashboard and that's why it's not covered.  The mechanic said that there is no dashboard light for that.   I made them talk to the mechanic at Meineke and he told Auto Deluxe that the car was dangerous.  I will never be a repeat customer to Auto Deluxe and I strongly recommend staying far away from them

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2010 05:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auto-Deluxe-Inc/Lakewood-New-Jersey-07731/Auto-Deluxe-Inc-JL-Auto-Deluxe-They-cant-wait-for-you-to-drive-off-the-lot-Lakewood-N-656350. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auto Deluxe, Inc.

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

unhappy

AUTHOR: justme - (United States of America)

This complaint was already addressed with the BBB, and it was resolved to there satisfaction. This customer thinks she is entitled to more than the credit that was given to her. Some people just are never happy,this customer was given a powertrain warranty which did not include the catalytic converter. But as mentioned she was given a credit towards her repair.