Complaint Review: Auto Drive One

• Updated: Fri, November 09, 2012

• Reported By: ve27689 — Braintree Massachusetts United States of America
Auto Drive One
181 South Main St West Bridgewater, Massachusetts United States of America

Auto Drive One West Bridgewater, MA Disappointed Customer West Bridgewater, Massachusetts

*Author of original report: This is NOT a rebutal. This is the original person who posted the above comment.

I have bad credit and upon applying for many online loans to see what was financing was available for me, I was informed that I was pre-approved for an automobile loan with auto drive one.  The actual process was pretty painful and the salesman was very nice and helpful.  When I test drove the vehicle it had numerous problems that I told the saleman about.  I was re-assured numerous times that all of these problems would be fixed by the time I picked up the vehicle two days later.

It acutally took four days to get the car, but that's really not that important.  When I picked up the vehicle I was told by the salesman that he has some bad news and some good news for me, good news was that the brakes were fixed as was the windsheild .  However, the locks could not be fixed.  Not such a big deal.  But he told me the uneven idling and weird noise that I heard in the front end was the air conditioner compressor which needed to be replaced.  I've heard of stranger things, so I didn't think much about it at the time.  Supposedly the mechanic would call me when the part was ready and I would bring it in to have it fixed (never happened called three times, no answer)

Within four hours of having the vehicle, it became apparrent that the odd noise in the front end was not the a/c compressor, nor was the uneven idle at stops while in gear.  It also developed a new problem, when accelerating from 45-50 mph it began bucking extremely hard.  I called auto drive one immediately, and I was told to bring it to one of their mechanic the following monday (of course this had to be a friday).  When I tried bringing it to mechanic it stalled on me three times, resulting in the need of a 18 mile tow to the mechanic.

The mechanic fixed the plugs, coil and sway bar.  I was told my vehicle was good to go.  I was not required (because I expressed my extreme frustration and disatisfaction at the fact that I had only had my vehcle 4 hours, and problems I was told were going to be fixed were not.) to pay the 100 dollar lemon law warranty deductible.  I picked my car back up from the mechanic and noticed that the front end was still making a loud knocking noise (stalling and bucking problem resolved).  The mechanic stated that auto drive one required me to place an inspection sticker on the vehicle before it was returned to the mechanic.

My vehicle sat at the mechanic for two days, no word.  So I called and was informed that auto drive one would not be doing any more work on my vehicle because it passed inspecetion.  Mechanic states that is an unresolved issue with the sway bar and the struts are gone.  Vehicle also requires an alignment.

I called auto drive one and was told that all they have to do is make sure that the vehicle passes inspection.  It doesn't matter that I was promised this would be fixed before I signed the finance paper work for the vehicle and that this vehicle had these problems before I got it.  He stated "We cannot fix every problem on your vehicle and make it like new for you."  I do not expect "every problem" to be fixed on my vehicle.  However, when I am promised that an issue with a vehicle I am buying will be fixed by the time of pick for the vehicle from the dealership, I expect it done.  I am not asking for the dents to be taken out, the scratches, or the tapping noise in the engine to be looked at and fixed.  I didn't even say a word about the locks.

I find it extremely unfair that in the past 10 days I've had my vehicle for only 3.  I find it very frustrating that I've even begun to make payments on it.  I am saddend that I am stuck with this vehicle and that I have to fix something out of my own pocket that the dealership promissed to do.  I am asking that they make it right and do the work to the front end.   Needless to say, I am very frustrated and I feel very taken advantage of.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2012 09:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auto-Drive-One/West-Bridgewater-Massachusetts-02379/Auto-Drive-One-West-Bridgewater-MA-Disappointed-Customer-West-Bridgewater-Massachusetts-831519. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auto Drive One

AUTHOR: ve27689 - (United States of America)

I have now owned this car for 9 months.  In the 9 months I have had it this is the work this lemon has needed:

Front Brakes
EGR Valve
Throttle position sensor
Timing Belt
Water pump

Think long and hard before you get yourself into something like this.  This car has been nothing but a headache for me.  This company does not sell quality vehicles and does not stand behind the garbage that they sell.  Bad credit shouldn't mean you get a bad car.  It's so sad I pay $300.00 a month for this vehicle and all of the out of pocket expense of repairing this van.  I would never return.  I hope this post saves someone the time, aggravation and money that I've put into it.  It was not worth it, at all.