Complaint Review: Auto Europa / SicilyByCar

• Updated: Tue, March 11, 2014

• Reported By: Perteadin — Longwood Florida
Auto Europa / SicilyByCar
Via Cinisi 3 90044 Villagrazia di Carini (PA), Select State/Province Italy

Auto Europa / SicilyByCar SicilyByCar Autonollegio auto europa This car rental company in Italy will try to charge your credit card for made-up damages, over-times and fines. 90044 Villagrazia di Carini (PA) Italy

Do not use this company.

During September 2013 we rented a car from Auto Europa / SicilyByCar in Italy.

Upon returning the car the rude agent at their Rome airport station claimed that I was responsible for damage to the windshield that was so miniscule as to have been impossible to note at check-out. He laso tried to charge me for fuel even though I had filled-up at the airport, but I showed him the receipt. I contested their $1,000 windshield charge with my credit card company (Capital One).

I received a registered letter from Italy claiming the damage. I returned a registered letter disclaiming any damage responsibility.

After five months I had not heard anything more from them, but all of a suddent, with no prior notice, I found a charge from them to my credit card for "fines / vilotations," which I know nothing off. I contested the charge with Capital One. I am sure it is another ploy from Auto Europa to try to exhtort more money.

Several years ago I also rented from this company and then they tried to charge me fro an additional day even though I returned the car before its expiration time.

I will never again rent from this company. I found many other complains about it on the internet.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2014 12:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auto-Europa-SicilyByCar/90044-Villagrazia-di-Carini-PA-Select-StateProvince-90044/Auto-Europa-SicilyByCar-SicilyByCar-Autonollegio-auto-europa-This-car-rental-company-in-1129917. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auto Europa / SicilyByCar