Complaint Review: Auto Exchange, Little Texas

• Updated: Wed, March 09, 2011

• Reported By: RichardsJ — Fort Worth Texas United States of America
Auto Exchange, Little Texas
2600 W Division St Arlington, Texas United States of America

Auto Exchange, Little Texas Joe Miller Stole my car to extort repair costs, fleet car undisclosed, full damage within 2 months Arlington, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Everything Settled

*General Comment: Same Thing Happened To Me

I bought an 01 Merc Cougar from this place 3 or so months ago. It has been giving me trouble within a few weeks. The dealership said they would fix it. Seems the timing belt/chain is bad.

They told me that I put too many miles on it, and that I am not supposed to do that. There is nothing that says how many miles I am supposed to drive or not drive, and I do not mistreat my vehicle.

I made all my payments on time. I took the car in to see what was wrong and see about getting it fixed. Charles tells me it's torn apart and will cost $1000 to fix and put it back together. Another guy says they haven't even looked at it yet. I asked them to see what was wrong, not fix it, unless they could tack the repairs on the end of my note or fix it free, since this shouldn't be happening already. Then Joe, the owner, tells me it's going to cost $300 for parts (make up your mind!) and I can not have it back until I pay for those parts. He hasn't given me the option to take it elsewhere? Simply put, he is holding my car for ransom. Can they even do that, if I am still keeping my payments up?

I keep calling, and they refuse to give it back to me until I pay the money for the parts so THEY can repair it. And I still have to make the payments on a car that I no longer have?

These guys are a real piece of work! I can't get my car back, I can't afford to keep making payments while I try to find another car to go to work, which I can't do without a car! I already pay close to $300 a month for the car.

Whatever you do, make SURE you keep shopping if you happen across these guys. They will not tell you the facts about the car, and they will not give you a carfax report either! I asked. They said there isn't one. When I asked if it was a fleet car (rental) they all went sheet white, then denied it. I have a feeling I just got ripped off in more ways than one.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2010 08:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auto-Exchange-Little-Texas/Arlington-Texas-76021/Auto-Exchange-Little-Texas-Joe-Miller-Stole-my-car-to-extort-repair-costs-fleet-car-undi-621427. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auto Exchange, Little Texas

Everything Settled

AUTHOR: me - (United States of America)

Hello, everything has since been settled since filing my report on Nov 13, 2010.  Little Texas has made right and continues to make me a satisfied customer. Thanks!!

#2 General Comment

Same Thing Happened To Me

AUTHOR: me - (United States of America)

Hello, the same thing is happening to me by Little Texas Auto on Division in Arlington. Please Help, I need to contact the guy, JRichards, that posted that repport because I need to see about us possibly going to court together.

Thanks, Please give him my cntact info. 817-323-8669