Complaint Review: Auto Fair

• Submitted: Sun, July 22, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, July 23, 2007

• Reported By:RAYMOND New Hampshire
Auto Fair
BROWN AVE MANCHESTER, New Hampshire U.S.A.

Auto Fair NO HELP AT ALL TO WARRENTY PROBLEMS, JUST WANT MORE MONEY RIPOFF MANCHESTER New Hampshire

*Author of original report: hyundia autofair

*Consumer Suggestion: You never identified the brand & model of car or tire, so

I bought my vehicle in 2004,BRAND NEW, bought the 10 year warrenty. When I brought my vehicle in for vibration, I was told I had no warranty and needed new tires.I argued that I had the warranty and did not have the reciept with me to prove it and could not get a vehicle to borrow while the work was being done. For 2 days I depended on friends for rides to and from work.
(over 50 miles away).When I returned to get the car I was handed a bill. 3 months later the same thing happened again with the vibration. Again I returned to hear you need new tires there worn out in the rear passenger side.I explained that I just had that done, so my husband and i decided to go to another tire place to get tires, and again about 4 months later the same thing again " vibration" in the rear. I RETURNED AGAIN TO HEAR again the same story. I told the man we just had this work done and he responded it was my fault for not maintaining maintence on my vehicle. being so irate by now I demanded for my car.SO by now we decided to see a different mechanic, he told me the rotors we're so bad that he had to pry them off and change brake pads that where worn in a way he had not seen before and again new tires. why didn't they say this to me when they had my vehicle up and tires off at the dealership. Well the problem is back and i called the 1800 # for california and was told to bring it to another dealer in Exeter. when I called I was told my warrenty is only good we're I had bought it and can not get the rental vehicle so now I sit with a vehicle that vibrates and don't know where to turn
SANDRA
Raymond N.H

Sandra
RAYMOND, New Hampshire

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2007 10:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auto-Fair/MANCHESTER-New-Hampshire/Auto-Fair-NO-HELP-AT-ALL-TO-WARRENTY-PROBLEMS-JUST-WANT-MORE-MONEY-RIPOFF-MANCHESTER-New-262440. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auto Fair

hyundia autofair

AUTHOR: Sandra - (U.S.A.)

got the addy wrong. the addy is s. willow st

#2 Consumer Suggestion

You never identified the brand & model of car or tire, so

AUTHOR: Thomas - (U.S.A.)

here are some generic points:

1. Most new cars come with *at least* a 3-year 36K mile warranty
2. Brakes & tires are wear items & are not covered by vehicle warranties
3. Tires have separate warranties which *usually do not* cover *road hazards*, only *original* manufacturing and material defects, and tires can 'go bad' & cause vibration.
3.1 A tire road hazard warranty MAY be *separately extended* by a tire shop (Sam's Club, Costco, etc.)
3.2 An over-inflated tire can hit a pothole or other road hazard & separate its belt thereby causing havoc.
3.2 Michelin is the best brand, followed closely by Goodyear. All other brands are less desirable than these two brands.
4. Extended warranties are worthless because of their fine print & their restrictions [like you must show your receipt], and they are completely superfluous if you buy a vehicle with very high reliability
5. Consumer Reports compiles owner's repair experiences each year on about 1,300,000 vehicles and provides tables showing trouble ratings (reliability) for numerous repair categories. See the April issue [& the year-end buying guide] in your library. See whether your car has almost all solid red marks (excellent) or all solid black marks (very bad).
6. Call Ton & Ray on Cartalk', Sat 10AM on NPR.
6.1 Also visit the Cartalk' website to post your tale of woe and a request for guidance.
6.2 Find The Mechanics Files on the Cartalk' website which will provide repair shops near your ZIP code that have pleased other people.