Complaint Review: Auto Gallery Imports

• Updated: Fri, March 08, 2013

• Reported By: Bill — bay shore New York United States of America
Auto Gallery Imports
500 old country rd, westbury, ny 11590 Internet United States of America

Auto Gallery Imports Ripped off by auto gallery imports. Wont get away with it Internet

*Consumer Comment: Always read and receive a copy of the agreement

*Author of original report: How did it happen?

*Consumer Comment: Tell us more

I have a very similar story about this dealership that I have seen on this webb site.  We bought 2 cars, besides the usual borderline criminal antics that these crooks do (quadrupling the interest payment at the last minute, etc), they said all paper work was in the glove compartments.  After waiting for close to 8 hours we just wanted to get home.  Once home we noticed that the paperwork basically said nothing.  Called the next day and they promised to get it to us.  Make a long story short, 3 months later we still have nothing.  We've found out that the purchase price was pushed up thousands.  We've also found out that the warranty we purchased through them was never sent in.  They just kept the money.  Purely and plainly criminal.  They also have committed bank fraud.  How ignorant of Sam (finance officer/mgr) and Josh (salesman) to think they're going to get away with this.  I have many resources and will not stop until they are out of business and in jail.  I know they have done this to many people.  I'd love to hear from you as I am about to start in against them.  Please email ripoffreport.com.  They have all my contact info

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2013 08:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auto-Gallery-Imports/internet/Auto-Gallery-Imports-Ripped-off-by-auto-gallery-imports-Wont-get-away-with-it-Internet-1024913. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auto Gallery Imports

Always read and receive a copy of the agreement

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"This enables them to fool arond with the numbers after the fact... I will not let them get away with it."

Is it your claim that they altered the signed agreement or do you claim that the contract you signed does not match your verbal agreement? Either way they already got away with it unless you have proof that they altered the signed agreement. A signed agreement trumps a verbal agreement.

"I accepted that at the time since a full 4 year bumper to bumper warranty is a few thousand and sales tax is a few thousand."

You accepted the deal without reading or scrutinizing the numbers. Enjoy your new car.

How did it happen?

AUTHOR: Bill - (United States of America)

Thier stratagy is to get you to leave without the paperwork, saying it's going to take a long time to get everything together but that they put your "papers" in the glove compartment.  I knew the loan amount that we signed for was about in line with the figures so we left (bad move, shouldn't have trusted these guys).  The only paper that was in the glove compartment was the finance amount.  This enables them to fool arond with the numbers after the fact.  In my case the loan amount was about $6000 more than the purchase price.  I accepted that at the time since a full 4 year bumper to bumper warranty is a few thousand and sales tax is a few thousand.  Problem is they never got me the warranty and just pocketed the money (also after figuring exactly how much was borrowed for both cars, versus the price, sales tax, warranty, we see that they pushed it up 2 or 3k).  Yes, I know, never leave the dealership without all your papers.  Still does not give them the right to rip people off (I found out I'm not the only one).  I will not let them get away with it.

Quadruple the promised interest rate - not illegal and a common practice with guys like this.  They figure after waiting for hours, alot of people will just accept it with the plan to refinance in 6 months.

Bank fraud - my attorney has told me to keep a tight lip on this for now

Tell us more

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

Why did you permit them to quadruple the finance rate? Tell us about the bank fraud.

"We've found out that the purchase price was pushed up thousands."

How is that possible? Did they change the price after you signed the financial agreement and received the Bill of Sale?