Complaint Review: Auto Income, Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, April 10, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, May 06, 2013

• Reported By: Maisha — Murrieta California
Auto Income, Inc.
228 Park Avenue South, Suite 54634 New York, New York United States of America

Auto Income, Inc. Company practices ILLEGAL activities!! New York, New York

*Author of original report: Auto Income Has Been Exposed! The INSURANCE COMPANY IS VERY CLEAR THAT I WAS NEVER INSURED UNDER THE POLICY. THE LETTER IS ATTACHED, SEE FOR YOURSELF!!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Insurance Claim is PAID - Maisha Jones Slanders Company

*Author of original report: Auto Income and Timothy Putnam Resorting to SHAMEFUL Slander Against Me! Please See Public Court Records for Unbiased TRUTH!!!!!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Maisha Jones, Murrieta California, Adult Bullying, False Allegations, Harassment

I signed up to be a dealer through AutoIncome in California. I was assigned to Platinum Auto Brokers aka Platinum Motor Sales. I was promised a dealer plate and full coverage insurance. After 4 months of selling cars, I was in a minor fender bender accident. Reported accident to dealership owner, Benjamin Sonkin.

I learned through the Insurance company that I was never added onto the policy as an insured. As a matter of fact, NONE of the dealers working through Platinum Auto Brokers were insured! After speaking at length with both Auto Income's owner, Tim, as well as Platinum Auto Brokers owner/manager, Ben Sonkin, they repeatedly denied that I was not insured.

However, upon filing my claim with the insurance company (Benjamin Sonkin refused to file the claim for me!), I received a written confirmation letter from the insurance company confirming that I was not insured. As a matter of fact, the insurance company was not happy with the practice of business and was not aware of multiple dealers using dealer plates from different locations.

I presented the evidence to Auto Income and Platinum Auto Brokers, demanding a refund for breach of contract. I was repeatedly refused. Auto Income wiped their hands clean, saying that they are not in the loop after assigning me to a dealership.

I ended up suing and receiving a judgment against Platinum Auto Brokers and Benjamin Sonkin. To date, he has NOT satisfied the judgment, and did NOT even appear in court to represent himself. I gave all this information to Auto Income, including detailed court documents. I spoke to Tim, owner. He never called me back, and is still referring new dealers to this location!!

Do not do business with these guys. They just want your money and have no interest in protecting you, the dealer!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2013 02:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auto-Income-Inc/New-York-New-York-10003/Auto-Income-Inc-Company-practices-ILLEGAL-activities-New-York-New-York-1042255. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auto Income, Inc.

AUTHOR: MrsJones - ()

I've supplied all proof presented here to Auto Income's owner, Tim Putnam. He repeatedly denied that there was a breach of contract, and effectively wiped his hands of the situation and continued to refer business to Platinum Motor Sales. I lost $3500 doing business with these people. My whole mission of writing this report is to draw attention to potential dealers interested in doing business with Auto Income.

Auto Income and Timothy Putnam didn't offer ANY help in mediating my claim against Ben Sonkin. I was shoved to the side, and replaced with many other dealers...still being assigned to Platinum Motor Sales. To me, that is BAD BUSINESS practice, and I have a right to stand up and warn others about the woes that come become out of dealings with these people. I have never slandered his company...I've only presented FACTS concerning the details of my dealings with this company. They don't feel in any way liable for the events that arose after they passed me over to that fraudulent company, Platinum Motor Sales.

Here are the REAL facts that Mr. Putnam would like to avoid:

FACT #1: I supplied written proof to Tim Putnam from the insurance company that stated VERY CLEARLY that I was NEVER added as an insured to the policy! He continued to do business with Platinum Motors until they went out of business a few months ago. I'm not making this up...scroll down to my last rebuttal and see the attachment. In there you will also find that the 2nd page clearly states that only TWO people were insured on the policy (even though there were probably a dozen or more dealers registered through Auto Income with Platinum Motor Sales). Don't believe me,  here's some quotes from the letter I supplied to Tim Putnam (from the insurance company) that explains their position:

"Crusader Insurance uncovered serious and material inconsistencies between what you reported on the application ...We learned during our investigation arising from your involvement in the Auto Income program reflecting the true scope and breadth of your business operations."

"Even though Ms. Jones is an alleged member /owner of Platinum LLC, you failed to disclose her as an owner, officer, partner or employee on the application for insurance. You also failed to disclose her as a Non-employee driver/Occasional driver/Potential driver."

FACT#2: I signed up for a membership through Auto Income that promised me full coverage insurance. Even after learning that their partner company failed to insure me (or any other dealers assigned there), they continued to refer more business to this bogus company, riddled with illegal business practices.

FACT #3: I have an outstanding judgment against Platinum Motor Sales, and a bench warrant for the arrest of Benjamin Sonkin's failure to appear and comply with the court order to produce a statement of assets (Inglewood Courthouse, case # 12A00916 Jones vs. Benjamin Sonkin/Platinum Motor Sales).

FACT #4: Auto Income did not complete due diligence in their selection of the California dealership, Platinum Motor Sales. I was NEVER EVER insured as a driver on the insurance policy that was referenced on the insurance card given to me after registration.

Mr. Putnam would like to slander my character, tell blatant lies about me and bully me, threatening to bring suit against me for slander against his company. MR. TIMOTHY PUTNAM, BRING IT ON! HIS REBUTTALS TO MY REPORT ARE FILLED WITH SLANDER AGAINST ME. THREATS DON'T SCARE ME

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Insurance Claim is PAID - Maisha Jones Slanders Company

AUTHOR: AutoIncome - ()

Maisha Jones of Murrieta CA, who filled out this complaint, slandered our company and AutoIncome.com will be filing a slander lawsuit against her based on the fact that the insurance company paid the claim on the accident that she caused.

FACT #1 - Maisha Jones was insured under Platinum Auto.

FACT #2 - Platinum Auto's insurance company paid the claim for the accident that Maisha Jones caused.

Anyone wishing to see the actual documentation for proof of payment proving the FACT that Maisha was insured through Platinum Auto is welcome to view the attached documents or contact Timothy Putnam at 603-431-9100 to have them sent to you.

Respectfully submitted,

Timothy Putnam

AutoIncome.com

AUTHOR: MrsJ - ()

I am absolutely flabbergasted at the assault on my integrity and character! Before stating my detailed rebuttal, let me direct anyone interested in the REAL truth to view the public court records concerning the small claims case Maisha Jones vs. Platinum Motor Sales & Benjamin Sonkin. You can view the case by referring to Case # 12A00916 at the Santa Monica Courthouse location. Here is the link: http://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/civilcasesummarynet/ui/?CT=CI

Additionally, since my character is in question, and I'm being accused of fraudulent activity, I am attaching to this rebuttal a letter from Crusader Insurance Company that verifies my claim that Platinum Motor Sales and Auto Income deliberately take money from dealers, promising full coverage insurance, when there is NO INSURANCE PROVIDED. Don't believe me...look at the facts, it's spelled out pretty clearly in the letter!!

In all my dealings with Auto Income, I have dealt directly with Timothy Putnam, Owner. Concerning this matter, I have spoken to him on the phone twice, all other communication was by email. I've never had an "unpleasant" conversation or even argued with any representative of Auto Income! NEVER have I had a "rude" conversation with Auto Income!!

From the onset of this issue, Auto Income referred me to their policy, that basically removes them from liability after taking your $1497 and referring you to a local dealer (in my case, Platinum Motor Sales aka Platinum Auto Brokers). In all future communication with Timothy Putnam, my objective was to expose Platinum Motor Sales' illegal business practices by accepting new dealers, supplying them with "proof of insurance", while fully aware that the dealers are not actually covered under the policy. It was my hope that Auto Income would stop referring new dealers to Platinum - that did not happen, sadly!

This is a FACT that Platinum Motor Sales failed to insure me as part of my agreement with them AND Auto Income. Any one interested in the facts are more than welcome to contact me directly for copies of emails I sent to Timothy Putnam that includes attachments from the insurance company, who confirmed that I was NEVER added as an insured to that policy. I am more than willing to forward copies of my emails sent to Timothy Putnam since 2 days after the accident! I was always nothing but respectful, and sought to make sure he was informed with facts AND supporting documentation. Again, my objective was to expose Platinum Motor Sales and get Auto Income to stop referring new dealers to Benjamin Sonkin!

As far as the accusation that I staged an accident to defraud the insurance company, this is ridiculously laughable! The accident that I WAS involved in was a parking lot FENDER BENDER! My vehicle had no damage, but the other party did sustain damage to her vehicle. I had just taken the vehicle for service when the accident occurred. The car was NOT being used for personal reasons.

The accident WAS promptly reported to Mr. Benjamin Sonkin, owner of Platinum Motor Sales. He admonished me to not report it to the insurance company because it was a fender bender. He told me that the deductible was $2000 and not worth filing a claim for (in fact, I later found out that the deductible was $1000). He suggested that if a claim was to be filed, that I should use my personal insurance. After being contacted by the other party's insurance company and talking to my personal insurance company. I contacted Benjamin Sonkin again who informed me that he was not going to report it to the insurance company.

At that point, I contacted Timoth Putnam (only 2 days after the accident). By then, I was concerned about my dealer insurance coverage. Even, Mr. Putnam assured me that I was fully covered, as promised under their agreement.

FACT: I DID contact the insurance company directly to file a claim, since Mr. Sonkin refused!!

FACT: No where in the terms of agreement was I forbidden from contacting any insurance company!

FACT: The insurance company conducted their own investigation, informed me that they had NO IDEA of multiple dealers on the policy, and there were only TWO people covered under the policy. After this incident, Platinum Motor Sales was DROPPED from their insurance company!

FACT: I have WRITTEN proof from the insurance company - which was supplied directly to Auto Income

FACT: As noted in the public court records, Benjamin Sonkin failed to appear on THREE occasions. He filed an appeal for the original judgment and STILL never showed to court for our hearing date.

FACT: Benjamin Sonkin was fully aware of the court case and was served on TWO occasions by a legal paid process server! I even forwarded this proof to Auto Income!

FACT: There is an outstanding warrant for the arrest of Benjamin Sonkin of Platinum Auto Brokers, for failure to appear and produce a statement of assets  and failure to satisfy the judgment.

FACT: Since Auto Income's knowledge of the facts, they have continued to refer dealers to Benjamin Sonkin's dealership!

FACT: Timothy Putnam, of Auto Income, NEVER made any effort on my behalf to help me recover my lost earnings, EVEN after being sent DETAILED documents showing the facts of this matter.

FACT: There was no investigation that "discovered" that I was using the car for personal reasons NOR was I ever accused (before now) of trying to commit fraud (in a parking lot fender bender accident).

The purpose of my ripoff report is simple....to expose Platinum Auto Brokers for their illegal business practices AND Auto Income as their partner in crime, since they continue to refer dealers to his agency AND do not practice their due diligence involving the companies to which they refer prospective dealers who trust them!

I hope anyone reading this report takes the time to look past the assaults on my character and refer to the FACTS. Guilty parties usually spew out a bunch of rubbish when they have no facts to back their statements. I'm not in hiding, anyone interested in FACTUAL documentation can reach me at (((redacted phone number))).

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: AutoIncome - ()

The individual who wrote this complaint, Maisha Jones of Murrieta California is flat out not telling the truth. Yes Maisha Jones signed up with AutoIncome.com and she was assigned to Platinum Auto Brokers located in Los Angeles California.  Ms. Jones signed agreement(s) with AutoIncome.com as well as Platinum Auto Brokers and agreed to abide by our rules, regulations and procedures as well as state and federal laws.

Maisha was assigned to Platinum Auto Brokers for a few months when she had her "alleged" accident. Ms. Jones did not follow procedures and never informed anyone of the accident.  Ms. Jones tried to circumvent the dealership and report the accident directly to the insurance company without Platinum Auto Brokers's knowledge.

After some investigation, we discovered that Maisha was using the vehicle for personal use at the time of the accident which is not covered by insurance.  Ms. Jones was made fully aware that the use of the dealer plate is for "business use" only and she signed an agreement as such.  We think that Maisha Jone's "accident" was fraudulent and an attempt to defraud the insurance company.

Ms. Jones was combative, uncooperative, obstinate, unprofessional and outright rude during this whole situation. And her underhanded demeanor extended to the legal system where she willfully and knowingly did not send notice of suit to Platinum Auto and received a default judgment without Platinum's knowledge.

It is our opinion that Maisha Jones is nothing more than an adult bully, who tried to scam the system and failed. She is now taking out her anger by trying to ruin our reputation.

AutoIncome, as well as Timothy Putnam, tried repeatedly to work with Ms. Jones to resolve this particular issue but to no avail.  As to Ms. Jones' allegation that there is no insurance on our members...we supply proof of insurance to all members when they are assigned to any of our Co-op Dealerships.  Furthermore, any and all representatives of any dealership are automatically covered by the dealer insurance regardless of being individually listed on the insurance policy.

Anyone interested in the truth regarding Ms. Maisha Jones and this particular situation is welcome to call our company at 603-431-9100.