Premier

• Updated: Mon, June 25, 2012

• Reported By: Divine Libra — Ferndale Michigan United States of America
Auto Lab
2790 W Maple Troy Mi 48084 Troy, Michigan United States of America

Auto Lab Charged me WAY TOO much for services that could have been cheaper at Firestone! Troy, Michigan

*General Comment: I'm not arguing with you.

*Author of original report: auto lab robbers

*General Comment: Firestone?

*Author of original report: phone number

Hello!I drive a 2000 Chevy Venture the van is old, but it's mine! I had an engine replaced in it about 6 yrs ago its runs fairly well and I  just want to be a little comfortable so of course I want the air conditioning to work as it used to! Didn't expect to come out of $250.00 for  a diagnostic????? Are you kidding me?? I went to Auto Lab Of Troy just to get my airconditioning checked out to find out what the problem was, also I had a right headlamp that was out, right turn signal, which I also over paid for my dad could have installed them for about $15.00 but he was unavaliable at the time, didn't want to get a ticket to add more problems! Anyway, I paid $99.00 for the evac and recharge, an additinal $85.00 for the diagnostic to determine if there are leaks???? I also  paid to have the connector wiring fixed is this included in the diagnostic?? When I drove off the premises I went about 20 miles and the air was warm again!!! Am I missing something here?? Took the van back this morning of course my condensor is leaking!!!!! Uhh what did the diagnostic cover???? Stan stated that oh It wasn't leaking at the time!!! But my argument is why put freon in a leaking condensor?? Wasn't the $85.00 diagnostic and the dye suppose to dectect a leak before I drove away??? Is it me or what? Then to add insult to injury Firestone has a coupon for $20.00 thats right $20.00 for a aircondtion performance check which INCLUDES the inspection of hoses and fittings and a compressor PERFORMANCE SYSTEM LEAK TEST run PERFORMANCE test!!!!!!! HMMMMMM that sounds like DIAGNOSTIC TO ME!!!! I am a cancer SURVIVOR!! I have battled and gone through a lot I just want to keep living as comfortable as I possibly can!! There should be a law against places like this I can understand being out of $85.00 for a diagnostic, maybe but 250.00 what did I pay for???? They could have said hey you need a condensor! We are not going to put freon in it!!! I'ts just gonna leak back out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Signed Pissed off!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2012 08:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auto-Lab/Troy-Michigan-48084/Auto-Lab-Charged-me-WAY-TOO-much-for-services-that-could-have-been-cheaper-at-Firestone-901709. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auto Lab

#1 General Comment

I'm not arguing with you.

AUTHOR: MartyMarsh - (USA)

I know how most of these places work,same business just a different name.

Good luck with your problem.

auto lab robbers

AUTHOR: Divine Libra - (United States of America)

Hi! It's me again! I am still angry, I have been trying to get my issue resolved, I have contacted the owner, these people at this place are SO RUDE!! They threatned to call the cops on my dad and I!! For what???? And my response to Marty I just did NOT expect to spend that kind of money, yes Firestone is not cheap I go there as well, they change my oil and I always get a full set of tires there, never have a problem, the point I am making with AUTO( CRAP) LOL LAB, is that at least if I had gone to Firestone they ASK me first after diagnosing any problem If I want to go ahead with the repairs I have a cracked sway bar thats going to run me about $600, but I declined the work auto lab just screwed me and threw the freon in and charged me $100! They did that on purpose they knew the condensor had a leak before I drove away the dye determines where the leak is! Why would they still put in freon??? That is not cool at all and LITERALY IM NOT COOL!!! LOL

#3 General Comment

Firestone?

AUTHOR: MartyMarsh - (USA)

You think you would have been better off with them?By time you would leave they would have replaced your whole system on top of finding other problems that wheren't there.But,along with your new airconditioning you would have had new brakes,shocks,maybe a power steering pump,a nice new alternator and how can you deny that you didn't need that tune up.

So that $20 inspection is to just get you in the door,then fasten your seatbelt because you are not going to believe this ride.

phone number

AUTHOR: Divine Libra - (United States of America)

Hi the phone number listed on my report is MINE The number to Auto Lab is 248- 643 -6960 please edit my report I don't want strage callers lol thank you!