Complaint Review: Auto Loan Network

• Reported By: Anonymous — Brown Summit North Carolina United States of America
Auto Loan Network
Brooklyn NY Brooklyn, New York United States of America

Auto Loan Network Did not apply for loan!! Brooklyn, New York

I keep receiving calls from Unknown Caller and when I answer they keep telling me that my application for an auto loan has been approved.  Funny I have not applied for an auto loan online and would not do so but they call me about 3 times a day.  I know that it is a phishing scam and want others out there to be aware of this scam.

Today, I decided I would let them give me some information and I was told his name was David Jones and he worked for Auto Loan Network out of Brooklyn, NY; when I asked exactly the date of the application that I supposedly had requested this information he abruptly hang up on me.  I could tell that he was not a New Yorker or even an American by his dialect, sometimes when they call I have difficulty in hearing them because of the amount of noise that is in the background.

I am sure that if I had requested some information about who they were and there location that I would have gotten different locations from each one of them.  I am not sure how they have my phone number but I know that they probably hack job sites, white pages, social media sites, etc to mine as much information as possible about individuals that they are trying to scam.

I do not give them any information, I asked them what type of information that I supposedly gave them and note that so that I am well armed and can take action to prevent them from getting any further information regarding me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2012 07:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auto-Loan-Network/Brooklyn-New-York-/Auto-Loan-Network-Did-not-apply-for-loan-Brooklyn-New-York-859354. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auto Loan Network