Complaint Review: Auto Marketing Systems

• Updated: Thu, July 05, 2012

• Reported By: Tiredofbeingrippedoff — Kenmore Ontario Canada
Auto Marketing Systems
Roanoke, Virginia United States of America

Auto Marketing Systems AMS Vehicle Sales Don't bite. Save your money Roanoke, Virginia

Beware of this scam. The obviously cruise the Internet for people listing their vehicles for sale. They found mine. A 1996 Triumph motorcycle. I get a call from "Matt Carter" from Auto Marketing Systems saying that they are a professional vehicle selling company "with interested buyers in your area" for your vehicle. Please call back for more information. When you do "Matt" isn't there but one of the nice ladies can help.

The pitch is that they are a 12 year old reputable company with proven success in matching interested buyers to your vehicle. She told me they had 39 buyers on record looking for a bike like mine. For only $149 (non-refundable) they will proactively contact interested buyers and handle inquiries on my behalf through their network. I just have to provide them with the information on the vehicle for sale then upload some photos after I am registered with them. I should have twigged that a Roanoke VA based company was unlikely to have Canadian buyers interested in my motorcycle that I wasn't already reaching through listings in autotrader.ca and kijiji.ca  U.S. buyers are unlikely willing to go through the hassle of importing the bike from Canada. But I really wanted to sell my bike so.....

Like an idiot I bit and paid my $149. Should have done some due diligence first. There are quite a few negative comments by consumers about this company on the Net - including here on RipOff Report. Since I paid I received one email from them stating that there was an offer on the bike through one of their "partner sites" . It was for $500 more than I was asking! When I called them to see what I should do about the offer the Rep said that they had a Scam alert on this offer so not to respond. Since then I have had zero inquiries or offers. It's been over 3 weeks.

I would have been better off to spend $149 on a nice dinner with my wife and just put a For Sale sign on my bike and park it on my front lawn. My advice. If "Matt" calls - don't bite! Save your money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2012 03:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auto-Marketing-Systems/Roanoke-Virginia-24008/Auto-Marketing-Systems-AMS-Vehicle-Sales-Dont-bite-Save-your-money-Roanoke-Virginia-906946. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auto Marketing Systems