Complaint Review: Auto Marketing Systems

• Submitted: Wed, January 02, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, January 04, 2013

• Reported By: MegCK — Dallas Texas United States of America
Auto Marketing Systems

Auto Marketing Systems This company call saying my car was found on Craigslist becuase the have so many interested buyers for your exact car they need to get more cars like yours on the site and up for sale. Internet

*Consumer Comment: I was scammed too

I was contacted by this company shortly after I put my car on Craigslist. I was told that they had many interested buyers doing searches for my exact car with the price point I had set. In fact I was advised I could list it a bit higher because that I what they were seeing was being searched.

I told them I was in a time crunch and needed to have my car sold within 3 weeks. I was reassured that with the amount of qualified buyers that were looking at my car that would be very possible. I went with the lower of the two payment options which was 150 non-refundable and they would list my car for 90 days.

I sent in pictures and say the 'webpage' that my car was now on. Everything looked good. After a week I had not had one call so I called them. The lady assured me that it had only been a few days and that a normal selling cycle was 30 - 45 days and that I should not lower my price even though I was in a major time crunch.

After a couple more weeks I was about to leave the state and had to take my car with me if it was not going to sell (which I did not want to do). So I called again. I was told that my car was 'getting a lot of traffic and views' and I should be patient and that the 'interested buyers have been contacted directly'. I was really not understanding how I had not gotten even ONE INQUIRY about my car if so many people were interested and looking.

I moved back to my home state and called to change markets that my car was in with the service and ask yet again how I have gotten not ONE call. I spoke to a woman that was once again very reassuring that my car is getting tons of traffic and to be patient that I am just at the top of the 'typical sales cycle'.

Starting to feel like something was fishy I decided to Google this company and sure enough 47 other Ripoff Reports have been filed about them and all of the stories sound very similar to mine. I am going to file with my Credit Card and hopefully with the BBB. Hopefully enough people file against them and a lawsuit will come out of this. What horrible scammers!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2013 09:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auto-Marketing-Systems/internet/Auto-Marketing-Systems-This-company-call-saying-my-car-was-found-on-Craigslist-becuase-th-990343. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auto Marketing Systems

I was scammed too

AUTHOR: Mary - (United States of America)

THe exact same thing happened to me.. Isn't there a way to stop this company?