Complaint Review: Auto Mart

• Updated: Mon, December 07, 2009

• Reported By: iPhoneBandit — Saco Maine United States of America
Auto Mart
140 Riverside Street Portland, Maine United States of America

Auto Mart: Seems alright at first but then you realize what you stepped in. Portland, Maine

*Consumer Comment: wait wut?

WARNING: To all who may purchase from AutoMart in Portland Maine!

I am 23, first time buyer and looking for something that would last a few years to get me started. I looked around and could not find any large dealers who would approve me and my lack of credit. I looked hard for about two weeks and found AutoMart and gave them a shot.

They have a small lot on a very busy road, seemed like a might have a chance so I decided to look. Immediately I was greeted and the theatrics began. I found a few SUV's that I liked and he referred me to the nearby bank for the Loan, I was rejected for about 5 or 6 vehicles on his lot until we came to an agreement on a 2000 Jimmy, which at this point I had not really looked into but was excited I was approved. The salesman showed me a few things on the vehicle that I did in fact like, at the time I did not notice it but  oddly he showed the vehicle from the passenger door, I'll explain later. [continued below]....

With all said and done, I signed the papers and got the loan and the car was mine. The salesman said he needed to get a new inspection sticker on it and I could pick it up in the morning, which I did. From that point the issues began. I jumped in the car and went to shut the door, Drivers side door panel is completely off hanging by the last 2 clips. that was just the start, after starting the car I noticed that the gas gauge is broken and flickering all over the place. Mind it this in the Lot of the dealership, and now I've got one of the salesmen with me telling me everything is fine and they will repair it another day and said that I should bring it in the following Monday for them to repair it. To this day they refuse to repair those simple problems a year later.

I took my Vehicle to a trusted repair shop 4 months later and these are the problems we have found to date.

Here is a List of the Problems on this Vehicle:
- 4WD will not work $155
- Door Panel Falling off $40
- Hood release will not open $325
- Lower Ball Joints are "trash" $412
- Both Front brakes are Rusted and need replacement $515
- Both Rear Brakes are ruined and had to be replaced $712
- 2 of 4 Speakers blown
- Cruise Control locks up, speeds up, and almost killed my girlfriend $Priceless

I do not recommend this Dealership, If you do choose to buy from here THOUROUGHLY TEST AND INSPECT BEFORE YOU DO!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2009 12:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auto-Mart/Portland-Maine-04103/Auto-Mart-Seems-alright-at-first-but-then-you-realize-what-you-stepped-in-Portland-Main-533783. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auto Mart

wait wut?

AUTHOR: Saranykm - (U.S.A.)

you didnt take a complete look at the truck, you didnt test drive it, and you still bought it....then you come here ripping on the dealership? granted they sold you a pos but you DESERVE IT. its YOUR FAULT you should of DROVE IT, WALKED AROUND IT, TOOK IT TO A SHOP TO HAVE A PRE-PURCHASE INSPECTION.

your nominated for a darwin award