Complaint Review: Auto Nations Automobile Dealerships

• Updated: Sun, June 25, 2006

• Reported By:
Auto Nations Automobile Dealerships
Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Lou Grubb/Pitre Chrysler/Brown&Brown/Tempe Toyota .... their not who they say they are!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: What Bull ****

*Consumer Comment: What else can you tell us? enlighten those who don't know about this unethical practice

*UPDATE Employee: after henry brown sold it, Auto Nation took away all incentives we had for working

These are large dealerships in the Phoenix Metro area. For those who are not aware these dealerships are not owned by the people who's names are on the buildings. These dealerships are owned by Auto-Nations Inc. Auto Nations has purchased these dealerships from their previous owner's and have left their names on the buildings for marketing reasons.

Auto Nations owns 400 dealerships across the country and their ethics and business practices are questionable. They (Auto Nations) do have a regional management staff in the Phoenix along with a regional office.

Dan Grubb (son of Lou Grubb) and Mitch Pearce former owner of Tempe Toyota are the Managers of the regional office. The home office for Auto Nations is in Florida.

If you have complaints with an Auto Nationals dealer and can not get it resovled on a dealership level. Ask the dealership management for the regional office number or the home office number.

.......good luck

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auto-Nations-Automobile-Dealerships/Phoenix-Arizona/Lou-GrubbPitre-ChryslerBrownBrownTempe-Toyota-their-not-who-they-say-they-are-3304. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auto Nations Automobile Dealerships

AUTHOR: Stick - (U.S.A.)

Trust me NO car dealer that I know wants me to post what I can find on the net as to how many local car dealers rip-off car buyers!

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

What Bull ****

AUTHOR: I Know The Truth - (U.S.A.)

First of all, it is very obvious that you know nothing about Tempe Toyota/Mitch Pierce. If Mitch Pierce. If Mitch Pierce is/was a manager at the regional office in Phoenix if he is one of the owners of the new Avondale stores? Not possible!

Mitch Pierce & Brian McCafferty, former GM of Tempe Toyota after Autonation bought Tempe Toyota, decided to open the new Avondale stores. They decided to do this in EARLY 2004. Somehow, I do not think that Autonation would be okay with this if he was working for them. In fact, I know these staements to be false. Please before you post things,make them accurate.

And it is a very common practice to keep the same name of a company even if it is bought by another person/company. Obviously you know NOTHING about owning a business or business practices.

Have a good day!

AUTHOR: Charlene - (U.S.A.)

Dear Upset Employee, may I ask you some questions?

First of all, with the new ownership, has there been any coercion for deceiving Toyota owners in the service department?

Does the management control whether or not vehicles will be covered under the Toyota "Engine Oil Gelation" program or not?

Do the employees have to tow the company line even if it is NOT THE TRUTH?

Please enlighten those who don't know about this unethical practice. If Toyota is unethical with its own employees, how far will this practice go with the unsuspecting buying public and/or current vehicle owners?

Thank you in advance for your comments.

AUTHOR: Upset Employee - (U.S.A.)

I have been a employee of brown and brown for 5 years and with auto nation for 4. when i first started henry brown still owned it then he sold to auto nation. well any ways when they took over it all went down hill.

They took away all incentives we had for working there. They took away pay raisies for parts dept (but serivce and body shop still get them and took away over time when that was the only way to make mony there.

They gave us a decent health and dental benies when we had dam good ones to begin with. They lose money on stupid stuff like buying stuff we dont need like dvd players and little gas powerd bikes and cameras and wont spend money to fix the company work trucks we use unless it has to be done.

We have a truck with motor mounts and the won't fix it. I drive a 1 ton stake bed truck in the middle of summer in 100 degree plus weather all day with no ac and they wont fix it.

They want us to bust our butts for 8 plus hours a day and not reward us for it. i think they should be shut down and go to hell for every thing the have down to us and the 100's of other dealerships they have taken over.

i dont care if this dosent get posted im just telling you the thorn what kind ok pos company they are. if any one else has any other horror storys post please.

there is alot more to it but this is just a little peice of the pie to get the ball going. they are also trying monaplise the auto world wich is against the law also. The do alot of law breaking and oneday they will pay dearly for it.