- Report: #852
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Auto Nations USA
Auto Nations USA17510 North Freeway Houston, Texas U.S.A.
Rotten Auto Deal Rip-Off @ Auto Nations USA ..Liars
I was having a hardship case with transportation. I needed another car to drive, and so I went to AutoNations and ended up getting what I thought a good used car for the grand total, after financing, $18,000.
Lots of problems started showing up the next day. Here is the list: These are the problems that I am having with this 1995 Nissan Altima VIN#14NBU31D0SC223405, out from the North Houston Dealership. I still doubt that this is the car that I test drove.
1. THE CAR WAS EITHER IN A WRECK/FLOOD, OR BOTH A. The radiator is showing damage of where the fans came into contact with it. One of the upper mountings of the radiator is missing a grommet, and it looks as if someone glued on a mounting/retaining fixture.
B. There is extensive mold and mildew throughout the interior, along with rust stains, and or bloodstains up to, and including the headliner.
Door panels are damaged- falling off. The evaporator for the A/C is also draining off into the interior of the passenger side of the vehicle.
Extensive damage to floor and carpet. The stench inside the vehicle is terrible.
C. The throttle cable is sticking when you apply pressure to the foot feed/pedal. Not all the time, but the car didnt have this problem at first.
D. Lower ball joints are popping, and bushings from the rear are squeaking.
E. The headlights are way out of alignment, and need to be adjusted according to factory directions.
F. Dash lights went out, but came back on, while turning on the radio. The wiring needs to be checked for corrosion, opens, and possible shorts pending. Under the dash, and throughout the interior of the vehicle.
2. THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON THE NEXT DAY AFTER PURCHASE
A. Something either came unplugged, or there is a sensor out underneath the hood.
B. Does this car have ABS/Antilock brakes, and they have been disabled by removal of the circuit breaker?
C. The engine has a bad oil leak due to possible valve cover leakage, timing cover seal, timing cover gasket, or all of the above.
D. The alternator or one of the other accessories driven by the serpentine belt is failing. You can hear the whirring, whistling noise even inside the car.
1. OTHER DEFECTS WITHIN THE INTERIOR
A. The glass cover over the instrument cluster is marred, and I want it replaced.
B. The plastic shift indicator is cracked.
C. The cover over the center console has a broken latch.
I want it repaired, or replaced. D. Rust stains around the radio show that there is corrosion within the electronics of the vehicle. The radio needs to be replaced, with a comparable model/type.
I have called these people and left messages, with no response. I have also e-mailed several times now, without a response. The fact of the matter, or the principle of this all, is that the car should have never been in that condtion to begin with.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/1999 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auto-Nations-USA/Houston-Texas/Rotten-Auto-Deal-Rip-Off-Auto-Nations-USA-Liars-852. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)