Complaint Review: Auto Parts Authority

• Updated: Sun, December 17, 2006

• Reported By:Krugerville Texas
Auto Parts Authority
Internet U.S.A.

Auto Parts Authority - Active Auto Parts - Performance Auto Parts Sells parts they don't have, charges credit card, doesn't give refund ripoff Internet

I located a brake booster for a 1963 Mercury Meteor on their website. This a rare part and to find it at all is unusual. Other places who I tried to order from said the part was discontinued or no longer available.

When I placed the order, the part was supposed to be in stock. The part was ordered on a Sunday. My credit card was charge $176, 8:00am the next morning (Monday).

Five days later I got an automated call from them and an email saying there was a problem with my order and to contact them. When I called the 800 number I was givne another number. I call the second number and was told the part was not available. I asked why they would charge my credit card if they NEVER had the part. They stated that was there procedure. I asked if they would credit my Visa card ack and they said yes.

A week later I called and asked what was going on. they said it would be 7 to 14 business days until I get a credit. I also found out the people I am talking to are simply a call service and have nothing really to do with the website. That was 2 weeks ago. Now, I have no clue as to how to get a refund as their is really no direct way to find out who has my money.

At this point I'm not really sure if their a real website at all. For all I know they simply have a bogus website which takes orders only to tell people later they can't fill the order, then hold the money as long as they can to make interest off the money.

Robert
Krugerville, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2006 06:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auto-Parts-Authority/internet/Auto-Parts-Authority-Active-Auto-Parts-Performance-Auto-Parts-Sells-parts-they-dont-h-225863. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auto Parts Authority