criticism

• Submitted: Tue, December 18, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, December 20, 2007

• Reported By:Somerdale New Jersey
Auto Place USA
349 East Clements Bridge RD Runnemede, New Jersey U.S.A.

Auto Place USA - Auto Max Worst Christmas Ever, Thanks Auto Place USA! Runnemede New Jersey

*Author of original report: Check this Out!

Its almost christmas and my car dies! So, I looked on line for an auto loan after going to several dealer ships. I received a pre-approved loan through the Credit Acceptance Corperation. The Buy Here, Pay Here place that popped up was Auto Place USA. So I was contacted by phone by the Manager Brian. He told me he had a couple of cars that I would be interested in and that his co-worker Josephine would even pick me and my son up! Wow! How wonderful was this! Over the phone he said he had a 2003 Mercury Sable that he thought I would be interested in, but that I could take a look around.

When I got there he had the car warmed up and waiting for me. The total cost of the "2001 Mercury with 90,621 miles" would be $8,000 dollars because I was financing it and it would build up my credit. I thought "ok not too bad." Then I notice him punching in a bunch of different numbers and he said after I paid the bank, total cost would be $11,757.33. He said this was because I didnt have good credit and I didnt have much of a choice. He said the only other car that I could look at was a Kia sportage, but it was stick shift. He also said that he knew friends and co-workers of mine. He even named first and last names.

After a later investigation, I found out that he sold them bad cars that they brought back because their father was a mechanic and checked the cars out.) So I ended up taking the car home after my $700 down payment. I left there with an uninsured, bank financed car. I go to drop my friend off home and as im driving I notice that the brakes are not good. I also was driving and someone almost ran into me and I tried to beep my horn, but no horn! I could have been killed as I had to swurve into traffic, then back into my lane.

So I tried to return the car the next morning and he said I signed a paper saying that I would agree to pay them $395 plus 35 cents a mile. I didnt have a copy of this paper, but he did! He tried everything in his power not to get me to return the car. He even went as far as saying the owner is going to be mad and that he might not return it. Finally he said he would prossess it and that the owner would write me a check for a $300 refund. I am still waiting for my check!

Furthermore, I contacted the bank I was approved of for the loan and they said the dealer dosn't have to cancel it and I would still have to pay the bank their money for a vehicle that I dont even have in my possession! So Im screwed by the bank, and by Auto Place USA, thanks and Merry Christmas to you too!

Single mother
Somerdale, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2007 07:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auto-Place-USA/Runnemede-New-Jersey/Auto-Place-USA-Auto-Max-Worst-Christmas-Ever-Thanks-Auto-Place-USA-Runnemede-New-Jerse-292703. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auto Place USA

Check this Out!

AUTHOR: Single mother - (U.S.A.)

Brian from auto max refunded to me a check in the amount of $265 dollars which was short of what I should have received. When I told him that he took advantage of me and that the car he sold me was junk, and that I asked the people at my job about him and they said he sold them junk at first too, he grew angry. He said How dare I insult him and say that he is shady. He said that if I didn't leave that he would call the cops and have me removed, all this while Im there with my 5 year old son!! I never even raised my voice at the man!!