Complaint Review: Auto Processing Center

• Updated: Tue, January 07, 2014

• Reported By: Bedelia Cuellar — Pharr Texas
Auto Processing Center
12661 Hoover St. Garden Grove, California USA

Auto Processing Center Kim HendersonDarryl Johnson Auto Processing Center needed to refund me $295.00 since 7/26/2013 now after 5 months wants to refund me $83.76 Garden Grove California

*Consumer Comment: Take them to small claims court

On July 26, 2013, Kim Henderson from the Auto Processing Center, called me to sell me extended warranty for 2008 Honda CRV.  He was very nice and persuasive although I was not too sure I wanted to buy it.  He said it was a one time offer and I would not have another opportunity to purchase one. He mentioned that I had 30 days to review my contract and decide whether I wanted to keep it or not, so I went ahead and gave him my bank information.  The next day the down payment of $295.00 had already been taken from my bank.

I talked to my mechanic about the warranty and he informed that I did not need it because my car had low mileage, in very good condition and the warranty would probably expire before my car broke down.   On July 29th, I called the Auto Processing Center to cancel my contract and try to get my money back, but was told that I had to wait to receive my contract then follow the process of cancelling my contract.

On August 5th, I called the Auto Processing Center to inform them that I had not received the contract.  Beverly said that it had already been sent and that I should receive it by August the 6th and that I had 30 days to review contract, accept or decline.  I received the contract on 8/12/13, but I did not receive the cancelation form which they required which I had to notorize.

I called the Auto Processing Center to ask what I needed to do to cancel the contract in writing without the cancelation form.   He said he would send me the form that same day.  I asked if I could have it emailed but he said it had to be done by mail.  I received the cancelation form on 8/17/13, I had it notorized and made sure it included all the information that was required.  I mailed the form on 8/21/13.

I call the Auto Processing Center on 9/5/13, and was told that they had received the forms on 8/26/13 and I should hear from them in 2 to 8 weeks.  He said I would receive a courtesy call from them telling me that my refund was being send back into my account.

After not hearing from them, I decided to call them on 10/2/13.   I was told I needed to wait a few more weeks.   I called back on first week in November and again in December.  I was told the same thing that I had to wait.  On December 18th I called and was told I that the refund department was on vacation and I had to wait until after the holidays.  I waited until January 6th to call them about my refund.  I insisted to talk to management and was told that I would get a call from someone by the end of the day.  I get a call from a manager that informs me that I will be getting a refund of $83.76 because I did not sent my cancelation notice in the 30 days from purchase.

I believe I should be refunded my full amount.  I went through alot of trouble and time to do everything they required.  They should honor the date I notorized and mailed the cancelation form and not the date that the refund department finally received it.  They are charging me $213.00 for pro-rate fees and processing fees.  I think this is a ripoff.  I do not want anyone else to get cheated like I was.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2014 05:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auto-Processing-Center/Garden-Grove-California/Auto-Processing-Center-Kim-HendersonDarryl-Johnson-Auto-Processing-Center-needed-to-refun-1113405. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auto Processing Center

Take them to small claims court

AUTHOR: FloridaNative - ()

They clearly jerked you around for the refund. Next time someone says that it's a "one-time offer" you know it is a scam. Take them to small claims court to get your full refund. You have given them ample opportunity to send you the refund. Make sure to bring all of your documentation and your timeline. Good luck.