Complaint Review: Auto Protection Alliance, LLC

• Updated: Wed, January 02, 2013

• Reported By: Lois — Norwalk Connecticut United States of America
Auto Protection Alliance, LLC
2530 Red Hill Avenue, Suite 225 Santa Ana, California United States of America

Auto Protection Alliance, LLC Auto Processing Center they, in effect, stole $195 from our checking account and threaten to continue to withdraw funds. Santa Ana, California

This company called and spoke to my husband who agreed to this policy on 12/21. Based on his agreement and information he gave them about our joint checking account they electronically withdrew $195 from our account and I was advised that they will withdraw an additional $140+ from this account every month.

I called on 12/24 when I saw the initial withdrawal and received a call back advising me that my husband needed to cancel and only when he received the policy in the mail. This is absurd. They can debit our account based on a verbal "yes" from my husband but I cannot cancel verbally? Who are they kidding?

They prey upon the elderly it appears and make it as difficult as possible to cancel this so-called "verbal agreement." My name is on this account and I want it cancelled and I want the $195 back. I am prepared to take this as far as necessary to make that happen. In addition, the number that was called is on the "Do Not Call National Registry" so I have also filed a complaint with the FTC.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2013 07:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auto-Protection-Alliance-LLC/Santa-Ana-California-92705/Auto-Protection-Alliance-LLC-Auto-Processing-Center-they-in-effect-stole-195-from-our-989821. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auto Protection Alliance, LLC