Complaint Review: Auto Protection Alliance

• Updated: Wed, April 24, 2013

• Reported By: Roy — Laramie Wyoming
Auto Protection Alliance
12661 Hoover St Garden Grove, California United States of America

Auto Protection Alliance Omnisure cancelled policy mysteriously came to life 1 1/2 years later. Garden Grove, California

I originally went against my personal policy of never getting extended warranties and let the salesman pressure me into the great sounding warranty/maintenance plan.

After receiving the packet in the mail and trying to read and understand what was covered and the process of getting reimbursed for repairs, I decided to take advantage of the advertised 30 day money back guarantee.  Problem was, by the time I finally found out the lengthy process to cancel, the 30 days was up for the money back guarantee.

This was only the first part of the ripoff.  I got the policy cancelled.  Unfortunately, I was not smart enough to also cancel the credit card.  One and 1/2 years later the card was again being charged by Omnisure.  Which when I called them, they make it sound like they are a totally different company and in no way associated with Auto Protection Alliance.  I immediately called Auto Protection Alliance to let them know that I had not signed up for the maintenance contract.

The answer I received was that they had a recorded message of my verbal agreement confirming I wanted the coverage.  I told them that someone must have been playing a prank because I had not authorized the charges.  The representative informed me they would investigate and call me back.  I know for sure it was a start up of the old contract because they were going to call my old phone number.

Now when I call them, I can't even talk to a real person...it goes straight to "leave a message". Tomorrow I am going to call from a number their caller ID won't work from! right after I file a complaint with the FTC and call my credit card fraud department to see if they will do something.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2013 03:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auto-Protection-Alliance/Garden-Grove-California-92841/Auto-Protection-Alliance-Omnisure-cancelled-policy-mysteriously-came-to-life-1-12-years-l-1045937. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auto Protection Alliance