Complaint Review: Auto Protection Alliance

• Updated: Mon, April 01, 2013

• Reported By: Carol — Ashland Virginia
Auto Protection Alliance
2530 Red Hill Ave., Suite 225 Internet United States of America

Auto Protection Alliance Auto Processing Center, Omnisure Auto DO NOT order their auto warranty you will never get your money back! Internet

I was contacted by this company on October 15, 2012 to purchase an extended auto warranty. I only wish I had checked Ripoff reports first. The sales person said I had 30 days to cancel the policy if I decided I did not want it..I received my contract late October and decided on November 5, 2012 I did not want the coverage, so I called the company to cancel as I was within the 30 day no obligation time frame. The customer service rep got the supervisor on the phone who tried to sell me another policy which I definitely did not want. after a 30 minute conversation of me repeated stating I wanted to cancel the supervisor told me I had to send written notice of cancelation, but said there was certain elements to be included in the cancelation notice, such as a notarized letter indicating the mileage on my vehicle, which made no sense since I was not even planning to use the coverage. I was told a cancellation package would be mailed to me, which needless to say was never received. I wrote my own letter to the company. I waited for credit to my account, instead they charged my account in November 2012. Calls to the company again in December stated they never received my cancelation request that they would mail me the cancellation packet to complete but I was assured no more charges would occur.

so what happened? I got charged again in December for a policy that I requested on November 5, 2012 to be cancelled. I finally got their cancellation package at the end of December 2012. What is interesting to note is that their own policy states a customer can write in within the first 30 days to cancel they policy, but after 30 days the notice must be notarized and contain the mileage, etc. So this company doesn't even follow their own policies.

I was told in January when I contacted the company that my policy has been canceled, thankfully they stopped charging my charge card and I was told a refund would take 2 to 8 weeks. Well guess what, 8 weeks has come and gone and I have received nothing. So I am in the process of suing the company in small claims court. One the problems I am running into is the company is not registered with the state corporation commission in the state I live, nor are they registered with the state corporation commission in the state of California...so I am trying to determine who is the "registered agent" that the court system in my state wants in order to serve the subpoena.

What ever you do, DO NOT buy a warranty from this company, this has been a living hell trying to get my money back, which included a down payment as well as 2 months of premiums.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2013 04:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auto-Protection-Alliance/internet/Auto-Protection-Alliance-Auto-Processing-Center-Omnisure-Auto-DO-NOT-order-their-auto-war-1039820. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auto Protection Alliance