Complaint Review: Auto Trakk

Auto Trakk
1500 Sycamore Road # 200 Internet United States of America

Auto Trakk Taking advantage of those in a bad situation Internet,

*Consumer Comment: Consumer in a number of ways

due to a divorce i was forced to find alternative financing for a vehicle. Because of the divorce my credit was shot. I found financing through this company that provides financing for a supposed "reliable late model" vehicle, but uses a "starter-interrupt device" to make sure you make your payments on-time.

I have only had the vehicle for about 1 month and after making the last 2 payment ON-TIME...the device prevented the car from starting. called the company and they insisted it was the vehicle and not the device. I live 60 miles from the dealer and the dealer (5 Star Suzuki in Altoona, PA) would not take responsibility.

Auto Trakk told me to take the wires off the battery and see if that works. After having to leave my vehicle at my place of employment over the weekend, on Monday morning re-attached the wires and all was fine.

Once again made my weekly payment ON-TIME....and on Sunday the device stopped my vehicle from starting. I have two young children and it's hard enough not being with my children every day and only on the weekends..and I am trying to re-establish my credit, have been VERY diligent on making sure all payments are made ON-TIME and now i am being punished.

This company needs investigated! The devices are FAULTY and are causing multiple people ADDITONAL HARDSHIP!! PLEASE IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE FINANCING A VEHICLE DO NOT USE AUTO TRAKK....YOU WILL REGRET IT AND WILL BE IN A WORSE POSITION THAN YOU WERE BEFORE!

The problem is that Auto Trakk relies on the dealers and assumes they are providing you with "reliable" vehicles...but the dealers are providing sub-par vehicles that they just want to get off their lot. The installers of the devices are inept and don't really care about if the device is installed properly and causes a vicious cycle of neither party wanting to take responsibility.

PLEASE STEER CLEAR OF AUTO TRAKK!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2011 12:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auto-Trakk/internet/Auto-Trakk-Taking-advantage-of-those-in-a-bad-situation-Internet-795578. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auto Trakk

Consumer in a number of ways

AUTHOR: Jamie J. Huddleston - (United States of America)

In addition to the problems mention by the problem with the device I had other problems and I agree that something should be done If you read my article you can see the load of what I experienced did not premit much more to explain the above issues that and other recalls with the automobile I brought a car through Auto Trakk a credit building program with what use to be known as Auburn Pontiac on Opdyke and Auburn Hills;  they originally wanted 14 thousand but other added posed 19 thousand, this car was an 03 Saturn of which I purchased/leased in December of 05 that means that the car was already 2-3years old but there records say that the car was purchased in Dec. 06, a 500 dollar down payment was issued, I eventually ended up paying over 31 thousand dollars for the car they ask me for something called a residual of 3000.dollars plus and the blue book value for the car was only worth 2000. approx. In 2009 the payment were reduced for 92 dollars per month to 77 dollars per month over the course of the 7 -8 years I received approx. 20-not much more than 30 extensions at 20-30 dollars for the extension; neither of these factors should cost me 10-20 thousand dollars more and to top it off they repo(ed) the car; the economy has made it difficult for contact legal help so now I am facing an eviction  I lost 500 dollars of my income,cant get a job because I dont have transportation I have a two degree with internship left in psychology and no job; if you can help me get a car or my car back it would be appreciated, or even provide a car or grant resources to apply for an automobile.  This was an unfair event and experience for me