Complaint Review: Auto Transport Alaska

• Updated: Mon, July 21, 2014

• Reported By: Jaci — Chesapeake Virginia
Auto Transport Alaska
Nationwide USA

Auto Transport Alaska Pretended to set up shipping for my car then "went bankrupt" after I paid Auburn Washington

A broker set me up with this company to transport my car from Alaska to Washington. "Cory S" was helpful at the beginning, promising to get the car there in 7 days. It would cost $888 and be picked up July 21st. A week or so goes by and I get a reminder email to pay before the 21st so that they can ship my car. I pay a few days later and email him to let him know I did. He does not answer, so two days later I send him another email that goes unanswered.

I try to call the company several times, leave voicemails, and get no response or call backs. July 21st comes and I still have no idea what time they will be picking up my car. I try to call them over and over, and nobody answers the phone. A few hours later I call again and this time their number has been DISCONNECTED! So I call my broker and ask him what the heck is going on, but he doesn't know.

30 minutes later I get another email from the elusive "Cory S" from Auto Transport Alaska saying that his company has somehow gone bankrupt and that I can email bankrupt@autotransportalaska.com to get my refund. I try to email them and my message comes back, saying that email is invalid. Now I am out $888 and I am PISSED! I am positive this is a complete scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2014 07:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auto-Transport-Alaska/nationwide/Auto-Transport-Alaska-Pretended-to-set-up-shipping-for-my-car-then-went-bankrupt-after-1163893. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auto Transport Alaska