Complaint Review: AutoPainting USA

• Updated: Thu, September 26, 2013

• Reported By: Greg — Gilbert Arizona
AutoPainting USA
13433 E Chandler Blvd chandler, Arizona USA

AutoPainting USA AutoPainting USA Chander LOOK OUT FOR THIS SCAMMER Unprofessional, Terrible Bait and Switch chandler Arizona

AutoPainting USA Scam in Chandler, Arizona.  Be aware and stay away from AutoPainting USA Rip-Off! I  was ripped off!  Owner is a liar and uses threats to force payment.

AutoPainting USA Bait and Switch. Terrible quality.  Owner is a thief and liar but pretends to be a quiet humble man.

Pricing  advertised is not honored. Asked for the paint special and requested a price to replace 2 exterior door handles. The next day I was told the handles were $125.00 each.  I agreed to the cost. The car was not finished when promised and took four days longer than told. When I went to pick up the vehicle the cost for 2 handles was over $450.00!

I questioned the charge and reminded the owner he told me the cost was $125.00 each and he then looked at me and became very creepy as he stated that I was correct he had told me the handles were $125.00 each and that was the amount he was charging. However, he stated that the additional $200.00 was the amount I owed for his time to order the handles and to have the handles installed.

I told him that he had deceived me. In response, he calmly threatened me to not say that again or he would require that I leave his shop and not come back until I apologized.  He suggested that he didn't want me to feel that way and asked if I wanted to go home and think about my comment and perhaps see if a good night's rest would help me see things more clearly.

I told him that I wanted my vehicle and he said I had made a good decision.  (He is a freak.)

The paint looks terrible with orange peel texture rather than a smooth glass like surface that he had promised.  I pointed this out and he said he was well aware of the orange peel and told me that is how it is supposed to look unless I wanted to pay to have the car wet sanded and buffed for an additional $500.00.

I objected and said it was not acceptable.  He told me that if I didn't like it, he would simply tell me to leave and he would use a mechanics lien to sell my vehicle to be paid.  He told me to make a decision immediately to pay the bill in full, or leave without my car because he did not have time to fool around with me.

I paid him the balance and he told me that I had made a very good choice.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/26/2013 10:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AutoPainting-USA/chandler-Arizona-85225/AutoPainting-USA-AutoPainting-USA-Chander-LOOK-OUT-FOR-THIS-SCAMMER-Unprofessional-Terr-1087684. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AutoPainting USA