Complaint Review: AutoVantage

• Submitted: Mon, August 11, 2014
  • Updated: Mon, August 11, 2014

• Reported By: tjustine — Forsyth Missouri
Nationwide USA

AutoVantage continued to take monthly payments after cancellation - never got refund unknown Nationwide

Signed up for AutoVantage through a mailing for roadside services, etc.  Cancelled before the given "trial" time; however, I was charged via auto withdaw $19.99 per month for well over a year, more like 18 months.  Did not notice b/c unforseen circumstances in life and a couple moves.  Noticed on statement b/c I was overdrawn a few times. Called AutoVantage to cancel. Finally went to my bank and they were able to give me a phone number.  After seveal phone calls, i was able to cancel and then I received a refund for ONE MONTH only but was told that I will receive a refund for about six months, which was supposed to go back into my bank account.  That, however, neve happened. I called many times to ask where my refund was and I was told that it has been done. I checked and rechecked my bank statements but I neve received that remaining refund in the amount of around $121.00.  The company does not have any kind of e-amil so I tried to fax the information but I was unable to do so.  I have no address for the people since it has been two years ago when I signed up and cancelled.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2014 01:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AutoVantage/nationwide/AutoVantage-continued-to-take-monthly-payments-after-cancellation-never-got-refund-unkn-1169054. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AutoVantage