Complaint Review: Autolaptopstands.com Aka Autolaptoplinkic Aka Policelaptopstands

• Submitted: Mon, August 11, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, August 11, 2008

• Reported By:Ottawa / Nepean Ontario
Autolaptopstands.com Aka Autolaptoplinkic Aka Policelaptopstands
P.O. Box 4844 Buffalo Grove, Illinois U.S.A.

Autolaptopstands.com Aka Autolaptoplinkic Aka Policelaptopstands Goods paid for - never shipped or received Buffalo Grove Illinois

*Author of original report: Autolaptopstands.com Aka Autolaptoplinkic Aka Policelaptopstands

On June 16th 2008, I ordered a laptop stand for my car from this company. They took my credit card number. The amount of $180.00 Canadian was charged to my card but the goods were never received. On July 17th, I contacted the company, left a message and waited for a call back. On July 8th I spoke with Mike who said that everyone had booked off sick and that somebody would call back that day. He said that the merchandise would have been shipped via US./Canada post and that it might have been held up at customes. He was unabble to give me a tracking number. He said somebody would call back but they never did. On July 9th I spoke with Bob who mentioned that they had several problems with shipments to Canada. I told him that I had just received 4 tires from Indiana, and an antenna from Texas without any issues in just a matter of days. His response was that almost 200 of their Canadian orders had been refused because thay had not used bold printing on their paper work. He said that someone would call back and nobody ever did. On July 10th at 11:00 AM I spoke with Joy in shipping who took down all of my information and she promised that she would call back that day. By 6:00 PM I had still not heard anything so I called back. Joy picked up the phone again and she needed more information and promised that she would call back in a few minutes. She could not provide me with a tracking number of any sort. At 7:00 that evening she actualy called back and told me that my order could not be found and that the order would be cancelled and that my credit card would be refunded.

By July 15th, the credit card showed no credit so I contacted the credit card company and brought the card company up to speed on the situation with this company. They requested all of the details from the transaction and assured me that my card would be refunded. I am fortunate that this is a corporate credit card that my company issues to me to pay for business expenses. To date (August 11th 2008) still no credit issued to my card.

I also contacted the Buffalo Grove Police. They told me that they knew nothing of this company but, based on the street address that I was able to obtain on autolaptostands, they operate out of a residential zone and that the local by-law authorities would be advised of this potentialy illegal activity. I hope that they get nailed. Outfits like this give e-merchants a bad image.

Phil
Ottawa / Nepean, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2008 03:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Autolaptopstandscom-Aka-Autolaptoplinkic-Aka-Policelaptopstands/Buffalo-Grove-Illinois-60089/Autolaptopstandscom-Aka-Autolaptoplinkic-Aka-Policelaptopstands-Goods-paid-for-never-sh-361748. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Autolaptopstands.com Aka Autolaptoplinkic Aka Policelaptopstands

Autolaptopstands.com Aka Autolaptoplinkic Aka Policelaptopstands

AUTHOR: Phil - (Canada)

Incedentally, the local police office is also located on Raupp Blvd. in Buffalo Grove.