Complaint Review: Automotive Electronic Solutions (AES)

• Submitted: Thu, December 08, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, December 08, 2011

• Reported By: Garik — Warrenton Virginia United States of America
Automotive Electronic Solutions (AES)
11554 Davis Creek Court Jacksonville, Florida United States of America

Automotive Electronic Solutions (AES) National Parts Liars, rip-off, horrible customer service, really really long wait times Jacksonville, Florida

I started out needing a rebuilt ecu from AES @ $360, then my unit was determined to be beyond repair so it was another $150 to AES for a "new unit" (which is actually used). I should also add that I never received any proof that my old unit was bad.

The new unit didn't work so I called AES and days and days later they finally tell me it has to be programmed by Nissan, something they previously told me would not be the case. So basically, I ended up wasting so much time and money I should have gone with a new ECU from Nissan. For your own sake, don't try to save a few bucks with AES, you will regret it in the end.
They also don't take refunds if you use the ECU, they are painfully slow getting back to you and getting the ECU back to you, and there manager argued with me instead of helping me.

Their whole business model is stupid because they don't want you to install the unit yourself (DIY) but what's the point then???? They only make sense if you want to save money and DIY. If you pay them and then pay a mechanic too you might as well have gotten a new ECU which is a better product and will end up costing you the same $ as AES. Buyers beware.... AES is horrible.

The manager I spoke with told me the unit had to be programmed by Nissan and that "they told me this". That's a bunch of B.S., my sales rep told me I wouldn't need to program my ECU at Nissan whether it was my original or the new one! he said if my car started then it worked but apparently that's a lie--they will LIE to you to get your money and then --GUESS WHAT-- suprise, suprise, no refunds allowed! what a bunch of jerks!
It's been 2 weeks since I sent my ECU to AES and my car still doesn't run.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2011 11:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Automotive-Electronic-Solutions-AES/Jacksonville-Florida-32256/Automotive-Electronic-Solutions-AES-National-Parts-Liars-rip-off-horrible-customer-ser-806997. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Automotive Electronic Solutions (AES)