Complaint Review: Automotive Scientific

• Updated: Thu, January 24, 2013

• Reported By: Dan — Ronkonkoma New York United States of America
Automotive Scientific
5168 Hwy 11W ROGERSVILLE, Tennessee United States of America

Automotive Scientific AUTOECU.COM SCAM!!! DO NOT USE!!! TOTAL RIP OFF!!! STOLE MONEY!!!! ROGERSVILLE, Tennessee

*UPDATE Employee: Response to Dan MacKay Of Bradan Group Statement

*Consumer Suggestion: Maybee helb

We are a service shop that used this company to repair an ABS ECU for a customer of ours.  I explained what was going on with the unit and then sent it to them for repair.  They charged me over $1,000 for the repair on the ECU and the pump that connects to the ECU.  Now, I originally sent them the ECU and they requested for me to send them the pump as well because they work hand in hand.  If something was wrong with the ECU, it would be easier for them to tell with the pump hooked up.  They would also be able to repair the pump if it was bad.  They had charged me $55 to diagnose the pump to see if it was bad too.  With anything, a diagnosis is for the most part non refundable.  I was OK with this.  They told me the pump was fine.  When I received the unit back and installed it into my customers car, it did not work.  I quickly removed the unit again and sent it back for additional repair.  When I received the unit back a second time, which was after about 2 weeks of them working on it, it did not work again.  I sent the unit back to them and asked for a refund.  They told me that they could provide me with a new unit for an extra $600 on top of what I already paid.  I refused and asked for my money back instead.  They told me the refund process takes about 30 days which I said was fine per their policy.  After calling and calling when the 30 days was up to see what was going on, someone finally got back to me after 6 weeks to tell me my refund was denied.  The reason they gave me was because they did not repair the part they claimed was failing which was the pump.  Now, it was explained to me the pump was fine and the ECU was bad.  How is it now the ECU is fine that they repaired and the pump is bad?  This started back in July 2012.  On September 28, 2012, I have written documentation that they finally approved my refund, wrote a check, and sent it out.  It is now January 2013, and I still have not received that check.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2013 07:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Automotive-Scientific/ROGERSVILLE-Tennessee-37857/Automotive-Scientific-AUTOECUCOM-SCAM-DO-NOT-USE-TOTAL-RIP-OFF-STOLE-MONEY-R-1002445. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Automotive Scientific

Response to Dan MacKay Of Bradan Group Statement

AUTHOR: Autoecu.com - ()

In response to Dan Mackays /Bradan Group Statements ,

Bradan Group shipped a 1997 Ferrari abs Electronic module for test .

The pump did not accompany the module. Upon testing we found that the module had internal circuit failures ,we asked that the pump be shipped to us.

We waited a few weeks for the pump to arrive at our facility, finally it arrived we tested the pump & module as an assembly and found the pump to be within specification the module was faulty.

We then contacted Joel who is Bradan Groups Ferrari Technician, he stated that the CAN NETWORK IS DOWN ON VEHICLE and he IS TRYING TO RULE out DIFFERENT SYSTEMS they stated they a found short in sensor going to the abs module AND THINKS THAT MAY BE an ISSUE BUT is NOT SURE, at that point we finalized the module repairs and final tested concluding the pump was working properly,

We charged a fair $55 test fee for the pump testing. and a third of new from Ferrari for the module rebuild, we returned it as an assembly .

Bradan Group received the assembly and approx.a couple weeks later we received a phone call stating that the abs module was not operating properly, Our Technical dept. conducted trouble shooting with Joel and it was decided knowing that time was of the essence that we would offer to ship a complete rebuilt replacement assembly for an additional $600.(for assembly which included the pump)  Bradan Group refused the additional costs and asked that a refund be completed, We agreed to the refund . our terms of service states , That the  customer supply A.S.I. a Verifiable Invoice stating that they purchased a replacement module or return the assembly. once we are able to verify the Invoice information we would refund.

We ultimately received an invoice from Bradan Group that stated that they purchased a module from Ricambi America, We made every attempt to contact Ricambi America. They stated they would not verify any Sale was completed by Bradan Group. Instead of refusing to refund due to this non verification, We completed Bradan Groups refund based on our terms of service.

We apologize for any Inconvenience that had occurred.

A.S.I.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Maybee helb

AUTHOR: Truth - ()

If you paid through paypal they can dispute charge up to 45 days.  If paid with credit card can dispute for much longer period but I think varies as for the amount of time contact your credit card company.  I had problem with the same horrible company.  I tried dispute through paypal but had been too long.  However I was able to dispute through my credit card since that is what pays for my paypal purchases.  Auto ECU never responded so I got my money back.  If you used there stupid web site to communicate with them go take a screen capture of anything that your credit card company may need for proof.

Good luck!  I hate you got scammed by these idiots too.