Complaint Review: Autonation Dodge of Grand Prairie

• Submitted: Wed, August 22, 2001
  • Updated: Wed, August 22, 2001

• Reported By:Grand Prairie Tx
Autonation Dodge of Grand Prairie
2615 W. I-20 Grand Prairie, Texas U.S.A.

Auotonation Dodge will not honor factory warranty ..selling laundered lemons

I bought a 99 Dodge Dakota truck from Autonation Dodge in Grand Prairie,Tx with 21k miles. It carries a 3 year 36k mile warranty plus I purchased the 7 year 75k mile warranty. Within 30 days of buying the truck I noticed the rear end howling. The dealership where I bought the truck does not have a body shop and I wanted some cosmetic work done so I took it to one that had a body shop and a service dept. to take care of both problems at one time.

I took a test drive with a tech and he said it needed a rear end. I set up an appointment to have the work done but instead of replaceing the rear end they tried to patch it. Well the patch did not work twice.

I was told that is all they can do and to take it back to Autonation so I did and the tech said the complete rear end needed to be replaced. I left the truck to have the work done and was refused service because they could not charge the work back to the other dealer and charged me $60 for a "loan" car. I then tried talking to Chrysler.

I was told to turn my radio up so I would not here the howl which was upsurd. I then filed for arbritration. When the dealers found out I filed for arbitration they wanted another chance to fix it. I had no problem with that so I took it in to the original repair shop. They had my truck 6 days. Less than 100 miles after the repair the rear end locked up completely while I was driving down the road.

Luckily I was coming to a stop when it happened or it could have injured someone else or myself or worse someone killed. After I got a copy of the work order it stated that Chrysler zone tech had the dealer remove the interior and insulate it with sound deadening material. That is why I thought it was fixed before it locked up because I could not here the noise.

Autonation Dodge would not talk to me about it or even replace worn out shck absorbers under factory warranty. I had to take it to another dealer. I believe they are selling laundered lemons or they would have fixed my truck or gave my money back. Damlier Chrysler is just as guilty for letting this practice continue.

Now I have a truck that I think is a safety risk "I do not know when the rear end is going to lock up again. They say it is normal but I have at least 2 other people that have had the same problem. It is not normal. They have deep pockets so it is hard to fight them. The only way is to get it out in the public eye hopefully no body has to be killed before something is done.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Autonation-Dodge-of-Grand-Prairie/Grand-Prairie-Texas-75052/Auotonation-Dodge-will-not-honor-factory-warranty-selling-laundered-lemons-6300. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Autonation Dodge of Grand Prairie