• Report: #197890

Autonation.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Autonation Unfair to employees Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Autonation Does Background Check New Employees Carefully

Unfair fireing practices.

I was fired from my job with untrue excuses because there was a new manager that didn't like me telling other employees if thier right were being violated. The statements they told unemployment were deemed false.

I was also let go 2 days after getting out of the hospital from surgery and my insurance was cancelled before I could file for the disability that I had been paying into for years.

They told me my insurance would go through till the end of the month and I could file for Cobra, but I found out later that it was terminated the same day I was let go. (around the 5th of the month)

I had worked for this company for over 15 years and when Autonation bought us out, it went downhill from there!

They came in and took away everything from sick days to the ability to do your job without being "Micromanaged".

I now have a job with a good dealership and I would be on my deaths bed before I let anyone work for, buy from or deal with another Autonation company. Belive me, I've seen some of thier practices and I was low on the food chain. The higher ups are lethal!

Annonimous for obvious reasons...

Austin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2006 08:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Autonation/nationwide/Autonation-Unfair-to-employees-Nationwide-197890. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Autonation

Autonation Does Background Check New Employees Carefully

AUTHOR: Soapboxmom - ()

Autonation bought our more dealerships in Texas recently.  They apparently didn't carefully check out the employees that came with this deal.  Please Google Jack Weinzierl.  Would any responsible company hire a man with his background?  Would any customer want their credit report in the hands of this individual?  Public records including scathing court documents and postings by Mr. Weinzierl himself tell the whole story.

All I can say is buyer beware!