Complaint Review: Autopartsway

Autopartsway

Autopartsway VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE Internet

*UPDATE Employee: AutoPartsWAY Values It's Customers

*Author of original report: Autopartsway Customer Rebuttal

*UPDATE Employee: Thank you for your feedback.

When I tried to submit my order on-line there was a server error so the order did not go through but my money was held pending thru a prepaid visa card.  In order to not wait 15 days for the money to be released I emailed a form from visa to autopartsway to have them complete basically just confirming that I did not actually place an order.  Their customer service is extremely poor, they lied to me, promised callbacks, email replies which never came.  They even tried to tell me they have never seen this form from visa and were not sure how to complete even though it was self explanatory.  All I can say is if a company provides good customer service then customers will always come back but in this case I would never order parts from them if they were the last place on earth!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2011 12:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Autopartsway/internet/Autopartsway-VERY-POOR-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-Internet-805158. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Autopartsway

AutoPartsWAY Values It's Customers

AUTHOR: apw_rep - (United States of America)

Thank you for your reply.  I apologize that your experience was not up to our normal standards and what you would expect from our company.  To address your comments, I did not previously reply to your post, as I had no idea it existed.  I would like to investigate your order.  Please provide your order number so that I can investigate internally what happened.

Autopartsway Customer Rebuttal

AUTHOR: Sandy - (Canada)

I read the rebuttal....took long enough.  If you read my complaint (you couldn't have) it says that I had the form you are talking about, I emailed it to your company - and no one there could help me...i was told that your company was not familar with this form.  Yet Visa told me Autopartsway has in fact in the past completed this form with no problem.

It's funny that you don't address the VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.  I was promised callbacks, emails and absolutely never ever received anything.  I work in a customer service field and when i indicate to a customer that i will call them back....i call them back within 24 hrs.  If I advise a customer that I will email them......I email them within 24 hrs.

I still would NEVER ORDER PARTS FROM AUTOPARTSWAY!!!!

Thank you for your feedback.

AUTHOR: apw_rep - (United States of America)

Thank you for your feedback.

I do understand your situation and do understand that it can be frustrating to have the funds authorized (held) for 15 days when an order is declined.  However please understand that it is not our company putting a hold on the funds, it is simply how the credit card processing system in Canada works, for all Canadian merchants.

The only way to release the authorization before the bank does it automatically is to send a signed release form to the credit card issuing bank.  The process works as follows:

1.    A customer wants the funds released before the 15 day automatic period.

2.    The customer calls their bank and ask for the release form.

3.    The customer must fill out the form, if not automatically filled out by the bank and fax it or email it to our credit team.

4.    Our management signs the form and faxes it to the bank.

5.    The bank than releases the funds, which takes anywhere from 1-4 business days.

The above is a lengthy process, however it is the only way to release funds sooner in Canada and this is true for all merchants.

Although we dont get many requests to send a release form to the bank, we do get a few a month and we process them as quickly as possible.  We dont gain anything by having anyones funds authorized on an unsuccessful order and if it was up to us, and probably most merchants, the process to release authorizations would be just as automated as the original authorization.  Hopefully this will be the case in a few years.

Please provide your order number, I will make sure that you are compensated with store credit for any inconvenience you experienced.

Best Regards,