Complaint Review: Autos Direct Online

• Phone: 440-521-7884
  • Web:
  • Category:

Autos Direct Online Dishonest Dealings in Purchasing Online brook park, Ohio

I purchased a 2006 Honda CRV from Autos Direct Online on ebay.  1)I asked specifically about the "excellent condition" because of possible rust, etc.  It was not revealed that undercarriage is all rusted (something I couldn't see when picking it up in the snow--they leave all their vehicles outside), antennae is missing and it was in a front end collision.  2) They charged me $300 over ad price on ebay and wanted to hold the refund until after I gave ebay feedback.  I needed ebay to get $ back.  3) They asked me what I was offering for compensation for the not-so-excellent condition.  They now are saying I have extorted them for positive feedback rather than want $ for repairs.  4) They are messy with paperwork.  Wrong purchase price, causing me to have to pay higher taxes.  Missing documents.  I won't have all the needed documents for registration before the tags expire.  Had to get ebay involved to just get the title.  I haven't received a response to correcting the paperwork and providing the missing documents but they were quick to leave a negative response to me on ebay before responding to my requests for the paperwork.

They did offer a refund but with all the problems I've had, who would feel comfortable that will run smoothly?  Also they are not offering to pay to ship the vehicle back.

Aside from THEM trying to extort ME for positive feedback, all these issues are outside the Ebay Buyer protection.  If the dealer were willing to compensate me for the inevitable repairs, I would feel like they were trying to work with me.  What I paid for it is a high price given its condition. Their refusals leave me feeling taken advantage of.  There are other similar complaints about Autos Direct Online on Automotive.com and Consumer Affairs.  Also, ebay "follow up" feedback is not positive, even though this does not affect the overall positive rating that Autos Direct Online receives.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2010 10:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Autos-Direct-Online/brook-park-Ohio-44142/Autos-Direct-Online-Dishonest-Dealings-in-Purchasing-Online-brook-park-Ohio-575573. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Autos Direct Online