Complaint Review: Autos Only - Lynnwood

• Reported By: Catherine — Seattle Washington
Autos Only - Lynnwood
20510 Hwy 99 Lynnwood, Washington United States of America

Autos Only - Lynnwood BEWARE! RED FLAG! CAUTION! Lynnwood, Washington

AUTOS ONLY sold me a vehicle that had a MAJOR FACTORY RECALL.  I am now having to relinquish the vehicle and will be sued for the balance of $8,000.00.

In January of 2012 I bought a 2003 Saturn Vue that had about 40,000 miles on it.  I did not purchase a warranty on this car because the miles were so low it was like buying a new car practically.  On the way home I started having issues with this car but it would come and go and I was desperate for a car.  over the course of the next 14 months I put over $3,500.00 into the car just to keep it on the road and now it needs a transmission.  Come to find out there was a recall on this transmission and a class action suite against the manufacture - General Motor.  The class action suit was lost by GM and then they filed BK and now operate under GM Co.

After 2 months of email and phone tag with Tom Smith (the sales man)telling me lets see what we can do to help me out ~ He will get back to me after he does a little research.  I went into Autos Only for help from the manager in rectifying this situation and the only thing they said is to let the car go back (messing up my credit) and then put $2,000.00 down on another vehicle.  The only cars they would put me in were over $8,000.00.  I tried to just get something in my price range of $1,500.00 (they had several) but they said they would not help me get into any of those.

I am surrendering the Saturn in the next few days and I just feel like there has to be something I can do besides just let this happen.  The lender will sue me for the balance of the loan - Payoff $8,000.00 / Kelly Blue Book Value on the car in excellent shape is $2,500.00 + it needs $5,000.00 just to put it back on the road.  No one in there right mind would continue to pay on this vehicle.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2013 11:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Autos-Only-Lynnwood/Lynnwood-Washington-98036/Autos-Only-Lynnwood-BEWARE-RED-FLAG-CAUTION-Lynnwood-Washington-1042363. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Autos Only - Lynnwood