Complaint Review: Avalon Communities

• Submitted: Fri, November 23, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, November 23, 2012

• Reported By: Brent Johnson — Redmond Washington United States of America
Avalon Communities
671 N. Glebe Road Suite 800 Arlington, VA 22203 Bellevue, Washington United States of America

Avalon Communities Avalon Avalon Communities, Deceptive Practices / Scam Bellevue, Washington

Avalon Bay Communities with held my deposit and added additional, undocumented fees after my move out.

Since I am OCD and terribly clean, I could not imagine any additional fees and expected my complete deposit I was wrong!

Prior to moving out, I met all of the requirements, including paying an Avalon employee to repaint the entire apartment.  The inspection report completed by Avalon stated that the apartment was clean and ready for move out.

The maintenance staff stated that the apartment was in terrific condition and there would be no deductions.

Two weeks later I received a statement including Repaint all walls, replacement of all carpet and cleaning of apartment. I provided photographs to Avalon, which they dismissed. Since then, I have filed a complaint with the Attorney General.

I do not recommend Avalon Bay Communities and urge you to look elsewhere.

Avalon Communities continues to exploit individuals and holds persons hostage

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2012 12:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Avalon-Communities/Bellevue-Washington-/Avalon-Communities-Avalon-Avalon-Communities-Deceptive-Practices-Scam-Bellevue-Washi-972831. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Avalon Communities