Complaint Review: Avangate Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, February 28, 2014
  • Updated: Fri, February 28, 2014

• Reported By: Yoseft — Newport News Virginia
Avangate Inc.
555 Twin Dolphin Drive, Suite 155 Redwood City, Select State/Province USA

Avangate Inc. Avangate.com Unauthorized charge renewal for Bitdefender Redwood City California

*Author of original report: Avangate's reply

To my surprise a pending Debit on my bankcard reading AVANGATE*BITDEFENDER.C REDWOOD CITY CA I did not authorize this. I purchased Bitdefender 3 years ago but never renewed it or gave authorization for a renewal. When I search the web about this company, there are many complaints about this type of behavior. I ordered Bitdefender on Amazon 3 years ago from Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc

How did they (Avangate) get involved and how did they obtain my bank card number? How can they "renew" my subscrition when I now have Kaspersky as my Bitdefnder runs out 1 March 2014? I am contacting my bank to reverse payment and I will contact Amazon about this. I will email these people at info@Avengate.com and Support@Avengate.com and share my dismay with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2014 01:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Avangate-Inc/Redwood-City-Select-StateProvince-94065/Avangate-Inc-Avangatecom-Unauthorized-charge-renewal-for-Bitdefender-Redwood-City-Cali-1127188. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Avangate Inc.

Avangate's reply

AUTHOR: Yoseft - ()

Avangate replied that it is Bitdefenders fault and I must contact them, even though their name is on the debit.

I will contact Bitdefender.