Complaint Review: Avangate

• Submitted: Wed, July 04, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, July 04, 2012

• Reported By: Kaminsky19 — Tillsonburg Ontario Canada

Avangate IObit Unauthorized Billing, Internet

I made an online purchase with this company 3 years ago. I wasn't overly impressed with the software. Last year they sent me an email asking if I wanted to renew. I told them NO. They proceeded to bill my credit card anyway. After several emails they reimbursed my account. I told them to take me off their list.  A few days ago I received another email thanking me for my order.

I immediately wrote them back to dispute this. They ignored me and proceeded to DOUBLE- bill my credit card.  I have reported this to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Center, contacted my credit card provider to cancel the card and to be reimbursed for the charges. It's time for the government to toughen up on fraud if they wish to proceed to the 'cashless society'. Don't buy anything from Avangate.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2012 09:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Avangate/internet/Avangate-IObit-Unauthorized-Billing-Internet-906696. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Avangate