Complaint Review: Avantek

• Submitted: Sun, August 26, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, August 26, 2007

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
Avantek
21629 N 9th Ave, Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Avantek Slow speed poor service hidden charges ripoff Phoenix Arizona

I struggled with service from this company for a few years. The internet connection was slow and at times non existent. The clerk who answers the phone is rude and uncooperative. I finally got fed up with their poor service. I told them to disconnect the service. I was informed the tech would come to my house to pick up the equipment. I left the modem outside and the antennae was easily accessible. The tech never picked them up so I mailed the modem to them and told them they needed to come pick up the antennae.

They claim a five day window for returning the equipment and charged me 200$ (part for the service call that never happened and part for the antennae. They have stated they will refuse the antennae if I send it to them and have threatened collections before I even received the bill. I consider this a form of extortion. I would never recommend them to anyone. Their are many great alternatives. Try airtel sprint alltell or verizon.

Clif
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2007 09:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Avantek/Phoenix-Arizona-85361/Avantek-Slow-speed-poor-service-hidden-charges-ripoff-Phoenix-Arizona-270355. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Avantek