Complaint Review: Avas Flowers

• Reported By: phatkhat — Ash Flat Arkansas
Avas Flowers
300 Corporate Drive Mahwah, New Jersey USA

Avas Flowers Lie, overcharge, won't back their products Mahwah New Jersey

I am a truck driver. My 28th wedding anniversary was yesterday (Wednesday), and since I was miles from home, I wanted to send my wife something. I googled "florist [our town] arkansas" on my phone, and the first result was Ava's Flowers.

I'm not real internet smart - my wife is the webbie of the family. I thought the company was in [our town], the nearest town of any size. The young man I talked to presented as though they were local - in fact I asked if they were in [our town] and he said they were, and assured me they could deliver in the afternoon. I ordered a live plant instead of flowers, and the guy said my wife would be "really pleased" with the beautiful plant.

Around noon, while I was at a delivery, someone called and said they wouldn't be able to deliver until today (Thursday). They also called my wife late in the day, and told her they would deliver the "beautiful basket" the next day absolutely by noon. Around 3 pm, my wife called the number on her caller id, was on hold for 15 minutes, and finally got a rep who was very rude. About that time, UPS showed up with the plant.

It was shipped overnite from Mahwah, not local. My wife complained to the CS rep that the plant was worth under $10, and the woman argued with her. I paid $62 for the plant and, evidently, overnite shipping. The woman asked what my wife wanted, and she said she wanted to return the plant for credit. She was told she could get another plant, or they would refund the shipping charges. My wife said to refund the shipping.

From the complaints here on "Ripoff Report" I'm not holding my breath. This company is a scam. They pass themselves off as local, lie about delivery, and send something not even close in value to what they charge. My wife would be happy to send photos of the puny plant and the cheap Chinese vase to anyone interested.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2013 04:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Avas-Flowers/Mahwah-New-Jersey-07430/Avas-Flowers-Lie-overcharge-wont-back-their-products-Mahwah-New-Jersey-1089305. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Avas Flowers