contrary

• Updated: Wed, May 01, 2013

• Reported By: Nate — San Antonio Texas
Avas Flowers
373 South Main Street New City, New York USA

Avas Flowers Avas Flowers took my money and NEVER delivered my flowers New City New York

A few weeks ago I decided to buy a nice pair of orchids for my mother's birthday. I ordered them on a Thursday and set them to be delivered the following Monday. I paid $50 online and it seemed like a simple prospect.

However, when Monday rolled around, no flowers arrived at my mother's house. She called me the next day (the flowers still didn't arrive) telling me she had talked to the people at Avas. After wasting a good hour on hold the Avas people informed her that she couldn't be given any information on the purchase (even though she has authority over the card I used to purchase the flowers). So the next day (Wednesday) I decided to call Avas' 1-800 number to sort things out.

After waiting about 30 minutes I talked to a man with a thick Indian accent (they probably used an outsourced call service). I told him my plight and he redirected me to another man (presumably with Avas). I relayed my story to him and how I still haven't received any flowers 2 days after the fact and that I want a refund. He told me that Avas doesn't give refunds, which I would understand if I had received the flowers. However, I didn't.

After talking to him for a little while I could tell I wasn't going to get a refund for something I bought and never received. The man did offer to resend the orchids, give me a free 2 dozen roses, and give me 20% off on all my future purchases. While the offer sounds nice, they weren't trustworthy enough to get the flowers to me the first time, why would I trust them to do it this time? The only assurance I had was that I would be giving them more of my money.

I have tried to get my card company to cancel the charge, which ended in the headache of canceling and reissuing a new card. They were gracious enough to give me the $50 credit that I lost, but that's money they're losing. After researching the reviews of Avas, I'm not even sure they actually deliver flowers. I have read countless reviews of people who say that their orders never arrived or weren't what they ordered. My local Better Business Bureau said that they received over 400 complaints about Avas.

As far as I'm concerned, Avas is a scam artist of a company and should be shut down. Do not fall for their deception.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2013 09:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Avas-Flowers/New-City-New-York-10956/Avas-Flowers-Avas-Flowers-took-my-money-and-NEVER-delivered-my-flowers-New-City-New-York-1047620. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Avas Flowers