Complaint Review: Avast Internet Security

• Updated: Mon, November 12, 2012

• Reported By: Jill — New York Mills New York United States of America
Avast Internet Security

Avast Internet Security How can they sell a product that doesn't work? Internet

I was in the market for good internet security for my home laptop and thought I would give Avast a try.  We used Avast at work so I thought it would be a good place to start.  I downloaded their free software and it seemed okay, so I decided to upgrade for more protection later on.

The upgrade cost $39.99 and immediately I noticed that my computer wasn't working correctly.  Web pages were closing down one after another and it was extremely inconvenient and irritating.  Then  it stopped working at all.

I called Avast and advised them of the problem.  I spoke to 2 different reps there, and they both told me that they have had many people call reporting problems with the upgrade.  They said that it often creates problems with Windows due to an incompatibility issue.

They offered to fix my computer over the phone if I paid $189.00 plus tax, which made it $200.00.  Of course I had no choice, so I paid the fee and got my computer back.

When I had the time later on that day to think about it, I emailed Avast and told them that I would like a refund since the trial period had not yet expired on the upgrade I had purchased.  They emailed me back and said I should be expecting a check from them, no problem.

Needless to say I never received a check, and Avast never responded to my BBB complaint about their rip-off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2012 10:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Avast-Internet-Security/internet/Avast-Internet-Security-How-can-they-sell-a-product-that-doesnt-work-Internet-968351. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Avast Internet Security