Complaint Review: Avast Software

• Updated: Wed, September 25, 2013

• Reported By: LMH — aurora Colorado
Avast Software
255 Shoreline Drive, Suite 515 Redwood City, California USA

Avast Software total ripoff for supposed 1 year service contract - lies and excuses with each of my numerous attemps to resolve the ludicrous support I received Redwood City California

Avast is by far the worst experience I have ever had, and the real issue is they ripped me off for a $169.00 fee for 1 year of support service.  I attempted to cancel within hours of signing up since my first experience with their service was totally unacceptable.  I could not get a receipt for the service I had signed up to receive.  For over a week they claimed they did not have my correct email address although I provided it every time I called.  I got many excuses along the way.

Never once was there any attempt at accountability on the part o Avast an the numerous people I have called for over a month.  Today they claim they could not get back to me since I do not have voice mail.  I have given both my home and work numbers both having voice mail.  I attempted to use their online service to no avail.  All I can say is run, run as far and fast as you can from Avast.  They will not, and apparently cannot stand behind their name and their service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2013 10:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Avast-Software/Redwood-City-California-94065/Avast-Software-total-ripoff-for-supposed-1-year-service-contract-lies-and-excuses-with-1086934. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Avast Software