Complaint Review: Avast

• Submitted: Tue, August 26, 2014
  • Updated: Tue, August 26, 2014

• Reported By: Donna — Vinton Virginia
Internet USA

Avast Software They took money from my account without written permission. I called and they left me on hold over 20 minutes and never came back on line. rip off online only Internet only

Today AVAST through a company called DRI took $69.99 out of my account without permission. I called and it took them putting me on hold constantly and no coming back on the line (I waited 20 minutes on hold each call and I made 3) The company was DRI and would not give me a phone number to call AVAST the nunber on their site goes no where, it just pushes you back to online. No live person for handling fraud.  I placed a complaint with FTC and JD and of course changed my bank information. What a rip-off. Do not use AVAST software of any kind! They will say it is free it is not!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2014 08:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Avast/internet/Avast-Software-They-took-money-from-my-account-without-written-permission-I-called-and-t-1172366. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Avast