Complaint Review: Avatara Services, LLC

• Updated: Wed, January 16, 2013

• Reported By: save the public — Charleston South Carolina USA
Avatara Services, LLC
46 Haywood Street #222 Asheville, North Carolina United States of America

Avatara Services, LLC Samuel C. Cody Avatara Services LLC commits fraud and misappropriates funds that are supposed to go to subcontractors Asheville, North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Avatara is a good company

My company recently did business with Avatara Services, LLC and Samuel C. Cody (CEO).  Avatara is a disabled veteran owned company that bids on Federal Government contracts with the Veterans Administration (in particular).  My company entered into a contract with Avatara in good faith, with the expectation that we were dealing with a company and company owners that were operating with high morals and ethics.  We could not have been more wrong!

After the work was completed by my company and the Veterans Administration paid Avatara in full for the work we had done, we quickly realized that Avatara and Sam Cody had misappropriated our funds and in essence had committed fraud.  We found out from the Avatara CFO, that Avatara had taken the monies paid by the VA and used it to pay their internal payroll, versus disbursing funds appropriately to their subcontractor, per the terms of our contract. [continued below]....
.....

After attempting to reach Sam Cody on several occasions, we decided to send a legal letter.  That prompted a response from Sam Cody, saying that he had another 30 days to pay us.  We decided to wait and have been waiting for roughly 120 days, without a penny being paid to us from Avatara.  Avatara has tried to borrow money (unsuccessfully), and they have been putting us off, while trying to get someone to let them borrow money.  We have decided today to file a lawsuit and appropriate judgements and liens in an effort to get some of our money back (our attorney takes 33%).  I would recommend to NOT do business with this company.  They are fraudsters and do not live up to their responsibilities to pay subcontractors.  Instead they steal their subcontractors money and move on to their next victim.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2013 10:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Avatara-Services-LLC/Asheville-North-Carolina-28801/Avatara-Services-LLC-Samuel-C-Cody-Avatara-Services-LLC-commits-fraud-and-misappropriate-996509. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Avatara Services, LLC

Avatara is a good company

AUTHOR: Ving - (United States of America)

I've been a subcontractor of Avatara for many years on State and Federal government contracts in several states. They've always treated me fairly and paid all monies owed to my company.

I'm sure whatever the issue is with this post, Avatara will make sure everything will be taken care of. Avatara has always worked with me and other vendors and subcontractors (that I've worked in conjunction with under an Avatara Prime Contract) fairly and honestly. I know of one particular contractor that Avatara covered their payroll for six months to help them satisfy their contract and stay in business. I don't know of too may other prime contractors that would be as generous.

I've usually always dealt with Sam Cody and he's always been upfront with me and communicated well. I'm currently performing subcontract work for Avatara and I'm completely happy with this company. I will continue to work with them. It's unfortunate that this other company has posted these commits on such a great company. I know with the help of Avatara my company has been able to create jobs and keep my business a float.

Signed a satisfied Subcontractor