Complaint Review: Aveda Institute Tampa Bay-Clearwater

• Updated: Fri, February 22, 2013

• Reported By: Jillebeanz — Palm Harbor Florida United States of America
Aveda Institute Tampa Bay-Clearwater
27001 U HWY 19 N Clearwater, Florida United States of America

Aveda Institute Tampa Bay-Clearwater Discrimination against me because I had a baby with me.... refused service and rude receptionist Deanna Clearwater, Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Florida Law

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: We Care For All Of Our Guests

I called and made an appointment for a Haircut at The Aveda Institute in Clearwater FL as I drive by a few days of the week.  What I didn't know is that they discriminate against single mothers or bringing a child with you. I have gone to many salons in the area with my own children over the past twenty years and never was I refused service until last night.  As soon as I entered into the reception area I felt an uncanny feeling...a bad taste in my mouth and was told to wait to be checked in.  "We our sorry but children can go back unto the floor its an Aveda Law.  Do you have someone that can look the baby?" pretty stupid question...why else would I bring one.  I could barely speak because the woman that helped Deanna was quite rude and blocked the entry way unto the floor "would you like to come back another time " I was asked... Why would I when there are Salons on every corner...I"am disabled...helping watch my grandson and was refused service....this was my only free time for two weeks...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2013 11:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aveda-Institute-Tampa-Bay-Clearwater/Clearwater-Florida-/Aveda-Institute-Tampa-Bay-Clearwater-Discrimination-against-me-because-I-had-a-baby-with-1018627. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aveda Institute Tampa Bay-Clearwater

Florida Law

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

It's not Aveda Law- Florida law doesn't allow unsupervised children on the clinic floor of a school. It's a liability. The school would never discriminate against mothers. You should know better than to bring a child with you to a school where students work under the supervision of licensed professionals. The institute is not a daycare. If the majority of your time will be spent in a chair, there should be someone else available to watch your child.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

We Care For All Of Our Guests

AUTHOR: social media - ()

We care greatly for all of our guests and strive to give each and every person a world class experience.  Our policy on children on the clinic floor has to be strictly enforced for safety reasons.  Please remember this is an educational environment with student's learning best practices with sharp and hot instruments.

Since we are a learning facility, services are offered to women, men, and children age 6 or older.  Visitors and children are not allowed on the clinic floor.  Children 12 and under cannot be left in the retail area alone.