Complaint Review: Aveda Institute

• Updated: Tue, August 14, 2012

• Reported By: anonymous — Cary North Carolina United States of America
Aveda Institute
200 W. Franklin St. Chapel Hill, North Carolina United States of America

Aveda Institute Discriminatory termination of education Chapel Hill, North Carolina

I attended and was ultimately "kicked out" of the Aveda Institute for too many abscences (supposedly) However, the proper personnel were informed on two separate occasions that I was bipolar and that I needed help ( meaning accomodations). The first time I mentioned my illness, I was told, that it was fine that I took a few days off but that " I certainly hope you have your meds straight". The second time, they printed me off a list of providers from my insurance card. Shortly after that, I was terminated. Absolutely no attempts were made to adjust my course load or to make my school day less stressful. They didn't even ask how they could help! Btw: I was making straight a's....all I needed were a few extremely reasonable accomodations and everything would have been just fine.
One last thing, I now owe roughly $7000.00 for a total of two weeks of education!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2012 02:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aveda-Institute/Chapel-Hill-North-Carolina-27516/Aveda-Institute-Discriminatory-termination-of-education-Chapel-Hill-North-Carolina-927202. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aveda Institute