Complaint Review: Avenue Productions Model & Talent Agency

• Updated: Wed, September 23, 2009

• Reported By: TipsyCherry — Royal Palm Beach Florida USA
Avenue Productions Model & Talent Agency
2810 East Oakland Blvd Fort Lauderdale, Florida United States of America

Avenue Productions Model & Talent Agency AveModels Typical modeling scam, you have a great look, now pay up. Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I should have know better to trust an agency setting up shop in a crappy Holiday Inn, but I was to busy to do my usual research. Hoping you learn from my mistake.

Saw this ad in a local Parents Magazine and called the number listed, wow big surprise they were holding an open casting call in my area tomorrow! Just bring 10-15 photos of my son.

I showed up for my appointment and there was about five people sitting filling out a form on a clip board.  Not one of these people were even dressed for a casting call. Dirty clothes and hair not brushed, one girl only had on jean shorts tank top and flip flops.

My next clue should have been their set up. A table and next to it were two large pieces of cardboard with movie pictures, stars, and other pretty pictures crudely cut out and then glued onto the cardboard. Supposedly from movies, and print work they had sent their models on.

After filling out the paperwork we were called into the small banquet room and asked for our photos. Laurie Scott the "talent agent" looked them over and said my son was 'cute".  She then explained she would normally do comp cards but because my son was only 14 months she would take five of my photos and put them up on her website for a very reasonable fee $199 for one year or $299 for 2 years.

This woman did not even pretend or take the time to blow smoke up my ass. Cut right to the chase show me the money!  Oh but wait I do not need to sign exclusive with her and if my son gets work she gets 20%.  My scam alarm was already dinging when I saw their set up, but after this of course I knew I had been had.  I told her i would need to speak with my husband which is code for "You wont be getting my money".  We left and I am pissed I wasted my time and my son's time for this bull crap.

Please also do not pay attention to anyone who responds to my post with I beg to differ. They are a representative of this company. Pathetic.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2009 01:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Avenue-Productions-Model-Talent-Agency/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33306/Avenue-Productions-Model-Talent-Agency-AveModels-Typical-modeling-scam-you-have-a-great-499360. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Avenue Productions Model & Talent Agency