Complaint Review: Avery Greene Honda Vellejo, CA

• Reported By: Alex — EL sobrante California United States of America
Avery Greene Honda Vellejo, CA
800 Admerial Callaghan Ln Vellejo, California United States of America

Avery Greene Honda "Stike It Rich" Promotion SCAM Vellejo, California

I received the Strike it Rich promotional flyer in the mail. It came with a real key as if it would be a perfect fit into my winning car.

It also had a scratcher lottery type deal. Where you scratch off to see if your 5 numbers match the posted 5 numbers if they do, then? Then you call and enter you confirmation code for what reason, unknown?

No purchase necessary - except for your bridge toll and gas for their benefit.

So I scratched off the first row and did not have any matching numbers. I proceed to the second row and all my numbers matched.

I called the number it says to call and follow the directions to Enter Your Confirmation Code

My Confirmation code 226433 and the number was (866) 603-6521 at the time of this report.

I enter the number and I am told by the recording Congratulations proceed to the event and bring ID and blah blah.

I decided to call back and change the confirmation number by 1 digit and I received the same message Congratulations Blah Blah, I then called back a third time and input 111111 and again received the same massage.

This is a scam to get people to show up. It is a shady was to mislead people in thinking they are special or that they have won something. Nowhere in the message did it say I actually won anything and my numbers where nothing special.

I almost spent the $4.00 on the toll and $10.00 o n the gas to collect nothing but waste my time and money.

When I called to share what I did and ask to be removed from their mailing list I was put on hold and I can only guess the sales guy went to the sales manager and the sales manager had him send my call to voice mail. Yeah in this economy on a Saturday the sales manager would not take a call.

I told the sales guy you guys should not try and attract customer in a sneaky fashion at their expense, and should just be up front. He had nothing to say in return.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2010 12:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Avery-Greene-Honda-Vellejo-CA/Vellejo-California-94591/Avery-Greene-Honda-Stike-It-Rich-Promotion-SCAM-Vellejo-California-617829. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Avery Greene Honda Vellejo, CA